If you can’t connect your computer with a Bluetooth device or the Bluetooth connection keep disconnecting, you can reinstall the Bluetooth driver to solve the issue. In this post, MiniTool Software shows the detailed steps to reinstall Bluetooth drivers on Windows 11/10.
What Is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a short-range wireless technology standard. It is used to exchange data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances.
Nowadays, many computers support the Bluetooth feature. Bluetooth devices don’t have cables. It is convenient to use them. For example, if your computer supports Bluetooth and this feature is enabled, you can connect your device with a Bluetooth headset to listen to the sound from the device. You can move to another place (within the technical distance) without taking off the headset.
The best method to solve the Bluetooth issues is to reinstall the Bluetooth driver on your computer. If you don’t know how to do this, you can follow the guide mentioned in this post to solve your issue.
Do you know how to check if your computer has Bluetooth on Windows 10? In this post, we will show you three easy methods to do this job.
How to Reinstall Bluetooth Driver on Windows 11/10?
Step 1: Uninstall the Bluetooth Driver on Windows 11/10
If you want to reinstall the Bluetooth driver, you need to first uninstall it from your Windows 11/1o device. Here is a simple guide on how to uninstall Bluetooth driver on Windows 11/10:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Find the Bluetooth option in Device Manager and click it to expand it.
- Right-click the Bluetooth driver you want to uninstall and select Uninstall device.
- On the pop-up interface, check Delete the driver software for this device.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm the operation.
- After the uninstallation, you need to restart your computer.
Step 2: Reinstall the Bluetooth Driver on Windows 11/10
In theory, the latest version of the Windows Bluetooth driver will be automatically installed after you restart your computer. But the most recommended way to get the new version is to manually download Bluetooth driver from the laptop or Bluetooth manufacturer website and then manually install it on your device.
For example, if you want to install Bluetooth driver for your Dell laptop, go can search for a Dell Bluetooth driver using your web browser and select the result from Dell’s official site. Then, you can search for the Bluetooth driver via your Dell Service Tag, Dell EMC Product ID, or Model. After that, you can select your needed driver to download and then install it on your computer.
In this post, we will show you some easy and effective methods you can try to fix Bluetooth problems on your Windows 10/11 computer.
Other Methods to Fix Windows Bluetooth Driver Issues?
You can also use other methods to fix Windows 11/10 Bluetooth driver issues. For example, you can use the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter (a Windows built-in tool) to fix issues. You can also update the Bluetooth driver to the latest version and see if the issue can be solved.
Way 1: Run Windows Bluetooth Troubleshooter
On Windows 10
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button and follow the on-screen instructions to find and fix issues.
On Windows 11
- Click Start and go to Settings > System > Troubleshot > Other troubleshooters.
- Find Bluetooth and click the Run button next to it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to find and fix issues.
Way 2: Update the Windows Bluetooth Driver to the Latest Version
The following guide is available on both Windows 10 and Windows 11:
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager.
- Click Bluetooth in Device Manager to expand it.
- Right-click the target Bluetooth adapter name and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall from the pop-up window to confirm the operation.
- After the uninstallation, you need to restart your computer. Then, the system will install the latest version of the Bluetooth driver on your PC.
- If the system doesn’t automatically reinstall the driver, you can go to Action > Scan for hardware changes in Device Manager to get the driver.
Tip: Try This MiniTool Software
In this part, we will introduce some MiniTool software that is worth trying.
If you are looking for free and professional data recovery software, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery. This software can work on all versions of Windows, including Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, and Windows 7. You can use it to recover data from hard drives, SSDs, SD cards, memory cards, pen drives, and more.
If you want to back up your Windows computer regularly, you can try MiniTool ShadowMaker. This Windows backup software supports backing up files, folders, partitions, disks, and systems.
If you want to extend your partition on your PC or migrate OS to another drive, MiniTool Partition Wizard is worth trying. This is a very powerful partition manager.
If you need to edit a video, you can use MiniTool Movie Maker, a free video editor. If you need to convert a video format to a supported one, you can use MiniTool Video Converter. Besides, MiniTool uTube Downloader is a free tool to help you download YouTube videos for personal use.
Reinstall Bluetooth Driver on Windows 11/10
After reading this post, you should know how to reinstall the Windows Bluetooth driver on your device to solve Bluetooth errors. Of course, you can also use other methods mentioned in this post to help you out. We hope these solutions work for you.
Should you have any other related issues, you can let us know in the comments.