This post gives a detailed guide for how to translate a website on Chrome by using Google Translate. Easily translate foreign language websites to your native language for easy reading. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool official website.
Sometimes you may visit some foreign language websites and can’t understand the content, don’t worry, you can easily translate websites to your native language with Google Translate. Check how to translate a website on Chrome below.
How to Translate a Website on Chrome – 5 Steps
- Open Chrome browser on your computer.
- Go to https://translate.google.com/ to open Google Translate.
- In the left box, copy and paste the full URL of the website that you want to translate.
- In the right section, select the language you want to translate the website into. You can click the drop-down icon to view the full list of languages supported by Google Translate. It supports 100+ different languages.
- Then you can click the URL in the right box, and it will open the URL in a new tab and the whole website is translated into the language you chose. You can browse the website in your language now.
In the Google Translate interface, you can click the drop-down icon to change the language with ease, and switch between the translated website and the original website.
Tip: Google Translate only translates the actual text on the pages, and the words on images will not be translated.
If you are wondering how to translate a website into English, you can use the best way to translate a website.
Wonder how to translate text from an image? This Google translate picture guide teaches you how to translate images with Google Translate app.
How to Translate Documents with Google Translate
Google Translate not only lets you translate web page/entire website but also lets you translate documents up to 10MB. It supports translating various formats documents like .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .ppt, .pptx, .ps, .rtf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx. Check how to translate a document like Word, Excel, PDF, PPT file by using Google Translate below.
- Open Chrome and open Google Translate page: https://translate.google.com/.
- Click Documents tab.
- Click Browse your computer button to choose a document from your computer.
- After uploading the document, you can click the drop-down icon and select a target language you’d like to translate the document to.
- Click Translate to instantly translate the document to the target language. Please be noted that some of the original formattings in the original document might be lost.
You can translate websites on Chrome into English, Spanish, or any other language by using Google Translate. Still, by using Google Translate, you can also easily translate various documents to the language you understand. Even though the machine translation is not that accurate, but it helps translate most content to help you understand that website/document. You can also add Google Translate extension to Chrome to use it to translate text.
If you mistakenly deleted some documents or lost some files, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover deleted/lost files in simple steps.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery program for Windows. It lets you recover any deleted/lost files, photos, videos, etc. from PC or laptop, SD or memory card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, SSD, etc. Rescue your data from various data loss situations. Extremely intuitive interface and simple operation. Free edition lets you recover up to 1GB of data.