To make you have a good user experience, you’d better keep your Discord up-to-date. When there are available updates, you can close and re-open the software to perform an automatic Discord. Besides, you can also manually update it. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you these methods.
Discord is a VoIP. Many users use it to make voice and video calls, send and receive messages, media files, and chat with others. To make it work normally, you should keep it up-to-date.
If you think Discord is down for unknown reasons, you can go to these two sites mentioned in this post to check the Discord status and find some solutions.
Usually, this software can automatically update it when you launch it if there are available updates. However, you can also manually update it when necessary.
In this post, we will show you how to update Discord using different methods.
Method 1: How to Automatically Update Discord?
The quick and direct method to update Discord is to perform an automatic Discord update. It is easy to do this. You can follow this guide:
1. Close Discord if it is open.
2. Open Discord.
- If you have created a shortcut for Discord, you can just double-click the shortcut to open it.
- If not, you can click the Windows search icon or bar and type discord. Then, you can see the Discord app from the search result. You can click it to open Discord.
- Another way to open this software is to go to the installation folder and open the folder named with the app version (for example app-1.0.9002). Then, you can find an exe file named Discord. You can click it to open Discord.
3. If there are available updates, the software will automatically start the update process. First, it starts to check for updates. Then, it begins to download and install the found updates on your computer. You should wait until the whole process ends.
4. When the update process ends, you can see an interface showing the new updates in the software. After viewing it, you can close the interface and access the software interface. Then, you can use the software for work.
Method 2: How to Manually Update Discord?
Use Ctrl+R Keyboard Shortcut
If you want to update the app while it is running, you can maximize the app and then press Ctrl+R to refresh the app’s UI. This can help the software detect and download available updates. When you open Discord the next time, it will install the updates. This will not interrupt your current session.
Are you bothered by Discord sound not working issue? Why does it happen and how to fix it? In this post, we will show you all the answers.
You can also reinstall Discord to update it. You can uninstall the software from your computer. Then, you can go to the software download page to download the installation file to your computer and install it on your PC.
On the other hand, you can just use your previously downloaded Discord installation file to install. If there are available updates, the software will perform an automatic update after the installation.
Reading here, you should know how to update Discord on your Windows 10 computer.