This essay set forth by MiniTool Software contains three main parts: download the Kindle driver for Windows 11, define the Win11 Kindle driver, and deal with Kindle hardware/software-related problems. Continue reading for more details!
Download Kindle Driver Windows 11
In general, there are three methods to get the Kindle driver for Windows 11.
#1 Download Kindle App
In the first place, you can get the Kindle driver from the Kindle application, which can be downloaded directly from the Amazon website.
- Visit the Amazon official web page given above.
- There, click the Download for PC & Mac button to download the Kindle program installation package.
- Click the downloaded installation file and follow the instruction to install Kindle app.
Once the Kindle software is installed, the Kindle driver has also been installed.
#2 Download Kindle Driver on Third-party Website
The following is one of the third-party websites where you can get the Microsoft Amazon Kindle USB Device hard disk drive drivers applying to Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7 (32/64 bit), Vista (32/64 bit), as well as XP (32/64-bit).
These Microsoft Amazon Kindle USB Device Windows drivers are collected from official vendor’s websites and trusted sources. This software driver will fix Microsoft Amazon Kindle USB Device errors and get your device to work again.
#3 Download Kindle Driver by Professional Tool
Also, you can try to detect and download Kindle drivers with the help of a Windows 11 driver update program like Driver Easy, Avast Driver Updater, or IObit Driver Booster.
What Is Kindle Driver in Windows 11?
Kindle driver Win11 refers to the software driver for Amazon’s Kindle Device (hardware, eBook reader). It is necessary to communicate the Kindle device with your operating system (OS) like Windows eleven. If you would like to make use of Kindle on your computer, you need to not only connect it to a USB port but also install a compatible Kindle driver on the PC.
Without a driver for Kindle, you cannot access your Kindle device from your computer. So, make sure you also get the necessary Win 11 Kindle driver ready before using a Kindle device on a PC.
How to solve Windows 11 Wi-Fi driver not working problem? How to handle other Wifi issues? Where to download Windows 11 Wi-Fi driver?
How to Fix Kindle-Related Problems in Windows 11?
Next, let’s see some common issues involving using Kindle on a computer and how to deal with them. Most kindle errors are caused by outdated, damaged, or missing Kindle drivers. So, you can try to handle no matter which kind of Kindle issue by installing the newest Kindle driver.
#1 Kindle Not Working
If your Kindle hardware not working in Windows, you can try the below ways.
- Install proper Kindle driver: just find Kindle or MTP USB device (under Portable Devices) in Device Manager and update or reinstall its driver.
- Download the latest version of the Kindle app.
- Restart Kindle or your PC.
- Change another USB port or wire to connect Kindle.
- Connect the Kindle to another computer to see whether it works or not.
- Hard reset Kindle to clear memory cache.
#2 Kindle App Not Working
- Check whether the Kindle app is blocked by a security service or firewall on your computer or not.
- If you are using a Microsoft account managed by your company or school, check if Kindle is allowed to be installed.
#3 Kindle Fire Not Recognized
Kindle Fire, now Amazon Fire, is a line of tablet computers developed by Amazon. Sometimes, when you connect it to your computer, it may not be detected. If so, fix it using one of the following solutions.
What is a PCI memory controller? How to deal with the “PCI memory controller doesn’t have a driver” problem? Where to download PCI memory controller driver?
- Install/update Kindle Fire driver like MTP USB device driver.
- Restart Kindle Fire or your computer.
- Upgrade the Kindle Fire app to the newest version.
- Update Kindle firmware.
- Reconnect Kindle Fire to PC.
- Change another USB port or cable to connect to Kindle Fire or use a USB hub.
- Link the Kindle Fire to another computer to see whether it can be found or not.
- Connect Kindle Fire to PC as Camera.
- Transfer files over a Wi-Fi network.
- Send files as email attachments.
- Turn off both Kindle Fire and PC and use Calibre to transfer files.
- Check if your device is on the ignore list in Calibre.
- Reset Kindle Fire to factory default settings.
- Enter Kindle PIN code.
- Run the wpdmtp.inf file.
- Enable Android Debug Bridge (ADB) on your Kindle.
- Disable USB selective suspend
- Reinstall USB controller drivers.
- Assign a driver letter to your Kindle on PC.
Windows 11 Assistant Software Recommended
The new and powerful Windows 11 will bring you many benefits. At the same time, it will also bring you some unexpected damages such as data loss. Thus, it is strongly recommended that you back up your crucial files before or after upgrading to Win11 with a robust and reliable program like MiniTool ShadowMaker, which will assist you to protect your increasing data automatically on schedules!
You may also like: