Microsoft Office apps also have a dark mode. In this tutorial, you can learn how to enable dark mode in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. To recover deleted or lost Word, Excel, PPT, or any other files for free, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Microsoft Word/Excel Dark Mode
Microsoft lets you change the background color of Office apps. It offers black, dark gray, white, and colorful themes. For Microsoft 365 subscribers, it includes these four themes. However, for Office 2016 or Office 2013, you can only change Word/Excel theme to dark gray, white or colorful. The default theme of Office apps is Colorful.
This post introduces some best free Microsoft alternatives for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad. Choose your preferred free office software to edit docs, etc.
How to Make Microsoft Word/Excel Dark Mode
You can freely change your Microsoft Office apps to the preferred background color. You have two ways to go. Check how to do it below.
- Open Microsoft Word/Excel app or a Word/Excel document.
- Click File tab at the top-left corner, and click Account option in the left panel.
- Under Office Theme in the right window, you can click the drop-down menu and choose your preferred theme. To enable dark mode for Word/Excel, you can choose Black. If you think the dark theme is too dark, you can also choose Dark Gray mode which is lighter than the dark theme.
- Open Microsoft Word/Excel app.
- Click File -> Options.
- Select General on the left. Find Office Theme in the right window. Click the drop-down icon to select your desired theme for your Word/Excel app. Click OK to save the changes.
Download Grammarly app for Windows 10/11 PC, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad, Word, or Chrome and use it to improve your writing in a word processor and other apps.
Best Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost Word/Excel Files
Here we also introduce an easy and free way to let you recover any deleted or lost files like Word, Excel, PPT files on computer.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free data recovery program for Windows. You can use this program to recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows computer, USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, SSD, and more. Recovering data from formatted drive or unbootable computer is also supported.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a clean and safe program with an extremely intuitive interface.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows computer, and check below for how to use it to recover deleted or lost Word/Excel files.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery. Select the device category in the left pane and select the target drive or device in the right window. Click Scan button to start scanning.
- When it finishes the scan, you can check the scan result to find needed files, check them and click Save button to choose a destination to store the recovered files.
Grammarly for Word and Outlook helps check grammar/spelling errors in your documents or emails. Check how to add Grammarly plugin to Microsoft Word or Outlook.
More Free MiniTool Software Products
MiniTool Partition Wizard – Free partition manager allows you to manage your hard drive partitions from all aspects. You can create, delete, resize, format, wipe partition, convert partition format, check and fix disk errors, test hard drive speed, etc.
MiniTool MovieMaker – A 100% clean and free movie maker that lets you import videos, audio, images, edit and export video in MP4, and more.
MiniTool Video Converter – A free video converter, video downloader, and screen recorder program. It lets you convert any video or audio, download YouTube videos, and record screen and audio.
MiniTool ShadowMaker – Free PC backup software allows you to back up files, folders, partitions, or the whole disk to an external hard drive, USB, etc.