What is NanoCore RAT? Actually, the NanoCore is high-risk Trojan and a remote access tool (RAT); it is first identified in 2013. The NanoCore is designed to attack others’ Windows system easily and then you can get full control of the infected PC. Therefore, all Windows users should be on high alert.
What is RAT? In fact, it is the acronym of Remote Access Trojan. RAT refers to the malware program which contains a back door that can be used to manage & control the target computer. Though dangerous it is, the NanoCore RAT attack is easy. Even the people with minimal technical skill can make use of the NanoCore to control your computer completely.
The RAT is cracked and released in a modified format; it’s a totally free hack attack tool. This RAT virus has caught the attention of cybersecurity experts. You may as well go to the home page to get software for protecting disk, restoring data and optimizing system.
The first NanoCore remote access Trojan was appeared in 2013. Though it has been 6 years since the first version, this RAT virus is still devastating. It can be used to steal financial information from users who are not highly vigilant and even initialize a phishing attack.
How to recover data lost due to virus attack:
I feel glad to share solutions with users to help them recover files deleted by virus attack quickly and safely.
History of Remote Access Trojan
The price is cheap:
It has been many years since NanoCore RAT appeared in 2013 around the shady world of cybercrime. Initially, the selling price of NanoCore is only $25 (£20), making it a cheap option on the market; in general, $250 (£200) isn’t too expensive to buy a tool for attacking a Windows system by using the weaponized emails as the infection vector.
A cracked version appeared:
The NanoCore hasn’t drawn the attention of threat actors and security researchers until February 2014 when a cracked version occurred on the underground forums and boosts the detection rates amongst vendors. After that, a full-price version of NanoCore together with the premium plugins is also added to the free mix.
- The previous versions of NanoCore RAT were surfaced on the dark web.
- The current version of it is transcended the dark web and is readily available online.
Once it attacks your Windows system, it will get access to all base plugins and functionality without limit.
According to LMNTRX researchers, the cracked NanoCore RAT is realized via a very user-friendly interface; the barrier for entry is lowered so that the most amateur hackers are able to weaponize emails and start their own activities.
What Can NanoCore RAT Do on Your PC
A RAT virus can do many things on the computer infected:
- Open web pages.
- Shut down and restart the computer remotely.
- Get access to Task Manager, Registry Editor and mouse.
- Take control over the files and programs on the PC.
- Browse files and folders saved on the PC attacked by NanoCore.
- Operate a "locker" remotely; the custom encryption is similar to ransomware.
- Disable the activity light of webcam so that it can spy on the victim by capturing videos and audios anytime, without letting users know. In this way, it can get the passwords and login credentials of users through a keylogger.
How to retrieve deleted file on PC:
Don’t know how to retrieve deleted files on PC? The following step-by-step guide would be of great help.
How to Deal with NanoCore
The good news is all the techniques used by NanoCore to attack your system have already been clear to all after years of popularity. They have been divided into 3 main categories by LMNTRX team: scripting, registry keys and malicious attachments.
Take followings measures to prevent the damage:
- Check the Microsoft Office files for macro code.
- Execute the security protection using behavioral detection of malicious attachments.
- Notice the anomalous execution of the legitimate scripting programs (like PowerShell and Wscript).
- Monitor the Registry Editor for keeping an eye on the changes used to run keys outside of the known update and patch cycles.