What is Realtek card reader? This post gives an answer. Besides, it also gives a guide for how to download, uninstall, reinstall, update Realtek card reader driver for Windows 10 (32bit or 64bit). For Windows users, MiniTool software offers you free data recovery tool, disk partition manager, OS backup and restore program, video editor, video converter, and more.
What Is Realtek Card Reader?
Realtek is a chipset manufacturer that manufactures and sells various microchips globally. It mainly produces communications network ICs, computer peripheral ICs, and multimedia ICs.
A Realtek card reader is a card reader for reading media cards like memory cards in digital cameras on your Windows computer. You can use plug in the Realtek USB card reader into the USB port on your computer and transfer files between computer and media card.
Realtek card reader driver for Windows 10 is used by Realtek card reader to communicate with your computer. Generally you can update Realtek card reader driver to the latest version to fix bugs, and get USB 2.0 transfer speed to speed up data transfer speed.
How to Download Realtek Card Reader Driver for Windows 10?
If your computer doesn’t come with Realtek card reader driver, you can go to Realtek Card Reader Controllers Software page to download and install card reader driver for Windows 10/8/8.1/7.
After you install Realtek card reader driver on your Windows 10 computer, the Realtek card reader can communicate with your computer and transfer files between PC and media card.
How to Update, Uninstall, Reinstall Realtek Card Reader Driver?
- You can press Windows + X and select Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows 10.
- Expand Mice and other pointing devices
- Right-click Realtek PCIE card reader and click Update driver. Follow the instructions to update Realtek card reader driver for Windows 10.
- Alternatively, you can also choose Uninstall device, and uninstall Realtek card reader driver. Later you can go to Realtek Card Controllers Software page to reinstall Realtek card reader driver.
You can also go to your computer manufacturer official website to download the Realtek PCIE memory card reader driver for your Dell, Lenovo or other brands computer.
Fix Realtek (PCIE) Card Reader Not Working
If the Realtek USB card reader has problems, you can follow the guide above to update or reinstall Realtek card reader driver on Windows 10.
A Free Way to Recover Lost Files on Media Cards and PC
To recover deleted or lost files from memory card or PC, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery software for Windows. It can recover any deleted or lost files from memory card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, and computer drive.
- To recover files from card, you can use an SD card reader to connect the memory card to your computer.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery and click Removable Disk Drive category. Choose the target SD card in the right window, and click Scan button.
- After the scan finishes, you can check the recovery result and check needed files. Click Save button to store the files to a new location.
What is Realtek card reader? How to download and update, uninstall and reinstall Realtek (PCIE) card reader driver on Windows 10? Hope this post gives an answer.