You can refresh the web browser using the mouse or shortcut keys. Shortcuts make it easy to refresh a browser or page on Windows and Mac operating systems. Now let us know what they are and how to use them. Continue to read this post from MiniTool.
Your PC is running multiple applications and your browser is full of tabs. This can make your PC very slow and sometimes it doesn’t work properly. Also, some websites are not loaded correctly by the browser. However, you can easily resolve these issues by simply refreshing your browser and PC. Then, we will introduce the refresh shortcut key in laptop/desktop.
Refresh Shortcut Key in Laptop/Desktop on Windows
If you have a Windows desktop or laptop, the shortcut for refresh is as follows:
- One of the most popular refresh shortcuts is the F5 key. It is available in Windows 11 and older versions of Windows. You can refresh your Windows PC by simply pressing the F5 key. On some Windows 10/11 laptops/PCs, you may also need to press the F5 function “Fn” key simultaneously to refresh.
- You can also press CTRL + R keys at the same time on the keyboard to refresh the webpage.
How to create and use the shutdown shortcut to shut down your PC/laptop on Windows 10/11? This post provides a step-by-step guide for you.
Refresh Shortcut Key in Laptop/Desktop on Mac
Unlike Windows, macOS doesn’t assign a simple F5 key to refresh the page. How to refresh laptop on macOS?
- You can refresh your apps by simply pressing the Command + R keys together. The same command can be used to refresh web pages.
- You can also press the Command + Option + Esc keys to open the Force Quit application. Then, select Finder and click Relaunch to refresh your desktop.
Hard Refresh Shortcut Keys for Browsers on Windows
If you are using a Windows desktop or laptop, you can perform a hard refresh with the following shortcuts:
- Hold down the Shift button and click the reload icon to do a hard refresh.
- You can also force a page refresh on a Windows desktop or laptop by pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time.
- You can also hold down the Control key and click the refresh icon on the browser.
Keyboard shortcuts are popular among computer users, as they help users to perform operations quickly. In this post, you can learn about one of them, Ctrl D.
Hard Refresh Shortcut Keys For Internet Browsers on Mac
Here are some ways you can hard refresh the page on the Mac browser:
- Press Command + Shift + R at the same time to hard refresh.
- If you’re using Safari, you can clear the cache by pressing Command + Option + E. Then hold down the Shift button and click Reload in the toolbar to download the latest cache for the site.
What is Ctrl A? What does Ctrl A do? What to do if Ctrl A combination is not working? This post introduces detsiled information about Ctrl A.
Now, you have known the refresh shortcut key on Windows/Mac/Browser. I hope that this post can be helpful to you.