If your keyboard is not working, you can try to run Windows 11/10 keyboard troubleshooter to see if it can fix the issue. For other computer problems and solutions, you can go to MiniTool Software official website.
Microsoft includes a Troubleshooter tool in the Windows system to help users fix problems related to some hardware and devices. Among the Windows Troubleshooter tools, you can run Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooter to fix keyboard issues like Windows 11 keyboard not working, etc.
How to Run Windows 11 Keyboard Troubleshooter
You can find the keyboard troubleshooter from Windows Settings.
- You can click Start -> Settings.
- Under System, click Troubleshoot in the right window. Click Other troubleshooters.
- Scroll down to find Keyboard. Click the Run button next to it. The Windows 11/10 keyboard troubleshooter will run automatically. It will find and fix the possible problems with your keyboard.
How to Update Windows 11/10 Keyboard Driver
If Windows 11 keyboard troubleshooter doesn’t help you fix the Windows 11 keyboard not working issue, you can also try to update the keyboard driver.
- You can right-click Start and select Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows 11/10.
- Expand Keyboards category.
- Right-click your keyboard and select Update driver.
- For Windows 11, select Search automatically for drivers. For Windows 10, select Search automatically for updated driver software. Let the system automatically detect and install the newer driver for your keyboard. Check if your keyboard can work properly.
6 Tips to Fix Windows 11/10 Keyboard Not Working
Tip 1. If your keyboard cannot type letters, you can try the basic step: Clean the keyboard.
Tip 2. Restart your computer and check if the keyboard can work.
Tip 3. Check the cable of the keyboard and make sure it is well connected. Try to connect the keyboard to another computer to see if it can work.
Tip 4. Update Windows 11. If your computer has keyboard problems, you can also perform a Windows Update. Click Start -> Settings -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to automatically update your Windows 11 computer.
Tip 5. Run Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. Press Windows + R, type msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic, and press Enter.
Tip 6. Run SFC command. Press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Windows Command Prompt. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter to repair corrupted system files in Windows 11/10.
Tip: You can use keyboard shortcuts to do many things more easily. Check the list of popular keyboard shortcuts of Windows 11/10.
Useful Software for Windows 11/10
MiniTool Software, a top software provider, offers some useful free programs for Windows users. You can check some of them below to see if you are interested in them.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets you recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows PC or laptop, USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, SSD, etc. It helps you tackle various data loss situations.
MiniTool Partition Wizard allows you to manage your hard disks by yourself. You can use this program to create, delete, extend, resize, format, wipe partitions, migrate OS, check and fix disk errors, convert partition format, etc.
More tools you can try include MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Repair, MiniTool Video Converter, etc.