In this post, you can learn how to repair corrupted M4V video files on Windows or Mac computer, how to convert M4V to MP4, how to recover deleted/lost M4V video files from storage devices, etc. For more corrupted video repair tips and other computer tips and solutions, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
Below, you can learn how to repair corrupted or unplayable M4V video files on Windows or Mac computer. Check the detailed instructions.
Best Free Video Repair Software for PC Download
To repair corrupted M4V video file, you can try MiniTool Video Repair.
You can use it to repair damaged videos from computer, phone, SD card, USB, GoPro, DJI drones, Canon, Sony, Panasonic cameras, etc.
It includes an Advanced Repair feature that helps repair severely damaged videos. You can add multiple videos to repair in batch. Still, it allows you to preview the repaired videos to check if it is satisfying.
How to Repair Corrupted M4V Videos for Free
Download and install MiniTool Video Repair on your Windows PC or laptop, and check how to use it to repair corrupted M4V video files below.
1. Launch MiniTool Video Repair to access its main UI.
2. Click Add video(s) and start repairing button in the middle. Select the corrupted or unplayable M4V videos and click Open to load them into the program.
3. Click Repair button. This program will automatically repair the selected video files.
4. After it finishes the file repair process, you can click Preview icon to play the repaired video with the default media player of your Windows computer. If the video is good, you can click Save button to select a location to store the repaired video.
5. For those video files that fail to repair, you can click Advanced button. The software will ask you to add a sample video of the same format (here, M4V) and recorded with the same device. Do as it asks. Then it will use the Advanced Repair function to further repair the corrupted video file for you. If it still fails to repair the video, you can click the three-line Menu icon at the top-right corner of the software and click Feedback. Fill the Feedback form to let us help you. Alternatively, you can contact our professional tech team: [email protected].
How to Repair Corrupted M4V Video File on Mac
If the M4V video is corrupted on your Mac computer, you can use a video repair tool for Mac to repair the damaged M4V video file.
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac is not only a Mac data recovery program but also comes with a Video Repair function.
You can use Stellar Data Recovery for Mac to repair broken M4V videos, repair any other corrupted videos, and repair corrupted photos. It also lets you preview the repaired videos before saving them.
As a professional data recovery program for Mac, you can use it to recover permanently deleted or lost documents, videos, photos, audios, or any other files from Mac computer, USB flash drive, SD card, external hard drive, SSD, etc. It also lets you create a bootable recovery USB to recover data from crashed Mac.
Get this data recovery and video repair program installed on your Mac computer, and check the guides below for how to repair corrupted M4V video file on Mac and how to recover data on Mac.
Repair corrupted M4V file on Mac
- Run Stellar Data Recovery for Mac.
- On the main interface, you can click More Tools icon at the top-right corner and select Repair Video to open the video repair window.
- Next, you can click Add File icon to select the corrupted M4V video file to load it into the program.
- Click Repair button to start repairing the M4V file.
- Preview the repaired video and save it to a designated location.
Recover deleted/lost data on Mac
- To recover deleted/lost files on Mac, you can launch the program. On the main interface, you can select what types of data you want to recover. Click Next.
- Next, you are asked to select the drive or location that you want to scan. Click Scan button after selection.
- View the file list in the scan result to find target files. Check the target files and click Recover button to recover them to a preferred location.
Easily Convert M4V to MP4 for Free
If the M4V video file can’t open and play, you may also consider the video format is not supported by the media player. You can use a free video converter program to convert M4V to MP4 and try to play it again.
To convert M4V to MP4 for free, you can use MiniTool Video Converter to easily do the task.
MiniTool Video Converter is a 100% clean and free video converter program for Windows. It supports 1000+ formats and lets you convert any video or audio file to your preferred format. It offers fast conversion speed and keeps the original quality.
Aside from media file conversion, MiniTool Video Converter also has a Screen Record function. You can use it to record any area or record full screen on your Windows computer screen. It also allows you to recover screen and audio at the same time.
Another function of MiniTool Video Converter is it lets you easily download YouTube videos for offline playback. You can just enter the YouTube video URL, select a format, and download the video immediately to your local hard drive.
Download and install MiniTool Video Converter on your Windows computer, and check how to use it to convert M4V to MP4 below.
- Launch MiniTool Video Converter.
- Under Video Convert module, click “+” icon. Select the source M4V video file and click Open to load it into the program.
- Click the Edit icon under Target section. Click Video Select MP4 and select a preferred resolution.
- Click Convert button, and it starts converting the M4V file to MP4.
- After conversion, click Converted Click Show in folder button to open the output folder to check the converted video file.
Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows to Recover Deleted/Lost Videos and Other Files
Sometimes you may mistakenly delete some videos and want to get them back. By using a professional data recovery program, you can easily recover the deleted videos and other files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free data recovery program for Windows. If you deleted or lost some files, you can use this program to easily recover them. It not only allows you to recover data from Windows PC or laptop but also helps you restore files from USB flash drives, memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery covers various data loss situations, e.g. hard drive failure or corruption, computer system crash, mistaken disk formatting, etc. It provides a Bootable Media Builder to let you create a bootable USB/disk to recover data when the PC won’t boot.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on Windows PC or laptop. Check the simple steps below to recover deleted or lost files from storage devices.
- If you intend to recover data from an external storage device like a USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, you should connect it to your computer at first.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Find and select the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan. If you can’t find the specific location, you can click Devices tab and select the entire disk/device and click Scan.
- Let it finish the scan. Then check the scan result to find needed files. You can use Filter or Find function to quickly find the target files.
- Select needed files and click Save Then you can choose a new location to store the recovered files.
Tip: To choose specific types of files to scan, you can click Scan Settings button in the left bar of the main UI.
What Is M4V?
M4V is a video file format developed by Apple. It is mainly used in Apple devices and platforms. M4V is similar to MP4 but M4V is DRM-protected in general. You can open and play M4V video files by using iTunes and QuickTime on Mac. For M4V files that are not DRM-protected, you can play it on Windows by using some media players. If it can’t play with one media player, it might be because the player doesn’t support M4V video format or the M4V file is corrupted. The solutions to convert M4V to MP4 and fix corrupted M4V video file are included above.
How to Open and Play M4V Video File
What players can open and play M4V files? You can use iTunes or Apple QuickTime Player to play M4V files on Mac. Other media players like VLC media player, MPlayer, RealPlayer, etc. also support playing M4V videos.
This post provides detailed guides for how to repair corrupted M4V video files on Windows or Mac. It also includes free ways to recover deleted/lost data and how to easily convert M4V to MP4 for free. Hope it helps.
MiniTool Software is a top software developing company with more than 10 years of experience. Its flag products include MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool Power Data Recovery, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool Video Repair, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, and more. It aims to protect user data safety and constantly develops newer software products to meet users’ demands from various aspects.
If you are interested in one of its products, you can go to its website to download and try it. If you have issues with using any of MiniTool Software products, you can contact [email protected].