Is there a good way to back up files using a Seagate external hard drive? This post from MiniTool is going to introduce several various ways for you to back up files to Seagate storage. Now, keep on your reading.
Seagate external drives are popular around the globe. They are helpful in many working environments, as they help make data storage and moving files between computers easy. Besides, they provide various ways to extend the overall storage.
Many users prefer to back up files to Seagate storage. There are the main reasons to back up Windows files on Seagate storage. Let’s see them specifically.
- To avoid losing data in computer virus attacks.
- To avoid losing data if the external hard drive is damaged.
- To ensure no data is damaged in case of power or hardware failure.
- To recover easily in case data is accidentally deleted or formatted.
Now, we will introduce 3 tools for you to back up files to Seagate storage.
Way 1: Via Seagate Toolkit
First, you can try the Seagate backup software – Seagate Toolkit. This is a file backup tool for Seagate hard drives and keeps your data synced. It allows you to back up all the non-system files on Windows. Here is how to back up files to Seagate storage via Seagate Toolkit.
1. Download and install the Toolkit from its official website, it will detect your Seagate external hard drive devices.
2. In the main menu, click the icon next to Backup.
3. You can click Back Up Now to automatically back up all your files in the Windows root drive to Seagate storage. You can also choose Custom to select files and schedule to perform the backup.
4. Under the BASIC tab, you can check the files you want to back up. You can also switch to the ADVANCED tab to select folders manually. Click Next to proceed.
5. Select the connected Seagate storage as the destination and click Next.
6. Choose a schedule to perform automatic backup and click Save. Continuously is the default selection and it will run automatically whenever files are modified. Snapshot will execute the backup only once.
Is Seagate Toolkit not backing up? Why does the issue appear? This post provides reasons and solutions for you.
Way 2: Via MiniTool ShadowMaker
The second Windows backup software for you is MiniTool ShadowMaker. It supports different hard drives such as Seagate, WD, Toshiba, ADATA, Samsung, and more. It also allows you to perform data backup and recovery including Windows 11/10/8/7 operating systems, important files, folders, partitions, and even the whole disk.
MiniTool ShadowMaker also lets you move Windows to another drive. Besides, you can create bootable media to restore your system to a normal state when your computer fails to boot.
You can download the MiniTool ShadowMaker Trial to back up files to Seagate storage.
1. Launch the software and select Keep Trial.
2. On its main interface, switch to the Backup tab.
3. Go to the SOURCE part on the left. Here, your system is selected by default, and you need to click Folders and Files to check the files you want to back up.
4. Click the DESTINATION part and select the Seagate drive as the destination to save the image file.
5. Then, on the lower right, click Options > Backup Scheme. It is turned off by default. So, you need to turn it on in the bottom right corner first and then set up your backup type there. You can decide how many backup image versions to keep on your backup destination.
6. When all settings are done, just click Back Up Now in the lower right and it will redirect you to the Manage tab. There, you can view the status of your backup. Just wait until it finishes.
Way 3: Via File History
You can also try the Windows 11/10 built-in tool – File History to back up specific files to Seagate storage. However, File History only backs up your documents, music, photos, videos, and other files in the Libraries folder.
Here is how to back up files to Seagate storage via File History.
1. Press the Windows + I keys at the same time to open the Settings application. Then go to the Update & Security section and click it.
2. Go to Files backup and click Add a drive. Then, choose the Seagate hard drive.
3. You can add the folders you want to back up or exclude the folders you don’t want to back up. Besides, you can set the automatic backup time and how long you want to save the copies. Then, click Back up now.
How to delete old Windows 10 File History backup? How to fix the “File History cleanup not working” issue? This post provides answers for you.
How to back up files to Seagate storage on Windows 11/10? The post gives corresponding solutions. I hope that this post will be helpful to you. If you have any problem with the MiniTool program, feel free to contact us via at [email protected] and we will reply to you as soon as possible.