When booting the Dell computer, you may encounter the error code 2000-0151. So, do you know how to fix the Dell error code 2000-0151? This post from MiniTool will show you how to fix the Dell error code 2000 0151.
What Is Dell Error Code 2000-0151?
If you are using a Dell computer, you may come across some error codes, such as 2000-0146, 2000-0142, 2000-0151, etc. when booting the computer. Meanwhile, this post will focus on Dell error code 2000-0151.
When booting the computer, the error message is shown below:
Error code 0151
Msg: Error Code 2000-0151
Msg: Hard Drive 1 – incorrect status: 3E No additional sense information
The given error code and message can be used by Technical Support to help diagnose the problem.
Do you want to continue testing?
Then what causes error code 2000-0151?
Although the Dell error code 0151 is not a frequent issue, it might appear for a few reasons. Dell error code 2000-0151 may be caused by the misconfigured system files that create registry errors within your OS or an outdated hard drive. The Dell error code 2000-0151 often indicates that your hard disk drive has failed or may be nearing the end of its life. What’s more, you can choose to run Dell diagnostics tool to check the reason for the error code 2000-0151 and the health of the hard drive.
When encountering the error code 2000 0151, the most important thing is to fix it. So, in this post, we will show some solutions.
However, since the Dell hard drive error code 2000-0151 indicates your hard drive is near to the end of its life or has failed, hence, before proceeding on the solutions, you need to back up data from the system if it is booting up or recover data from the failed hard drive.
How to Keep Data Safe When Encountering Dell Error Code 2000-0151
In this section, we will show you how to keep data safe when you encounter the Dell error code 2000-0151. To get your data off from the Dell computer with the error code 2000-0151, we will show you two different situations: the computer is bootable or the computer is unbootable. We will elaborate on them one by one.
Case 1: How to Back up Data When Computer Is Bootable
As the Dell error code 2000-0151 may indicate that the hard drive is near to the end of life. In this situation, you may still boot successfully. So, you need to back up your data from the system and then do some fixes to Dell error code 2000-0151.
To back up data, you can use the professional backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker. It is designed to back up the operating system, disks, partitions, files and folders.
Now, we will show you how to back up data from the computer with error code 2000-0151.
1. Click the following button to download MiniTool ShadowMaker, install it and launch it.
2. Click Keep Trial.
3. After entering its main interface, go to the Backup Then click SOURCE module to continue.
4. Then choose Folders and Files. Next, select the files you want to back up and click OK to continue.
5. Then click DESTINATION module to choose a target disk. Here, it is recommended to choose an external hard drive and click OK to continue.
6. After selecting the backup source and destination, click Back Up Now to perform the backup task immediately.
After all steps are finished, you have successfully backed up files from the hard drive with error code 2000 0151. If you have a mass of files and folders on the hard drive, you can choose to back up hard drive. Once you have kept data safe, you can go ahead to fix the Dell error code 2000-0151. For the solutions, please read the following part in this post.
Case 2: How to Recover Data If the Dell Computer Is Unbootable
As mentioned in the above part, the Dell error code 2000-0151 may also indicate the hard drive is failed. In this situation, you may fail to boot the computer. Thus, you need to recover your important data first from the unbootable computer with error code 2000-0151 and look for solutions to fix the Dell hard drive error.
So, to recover data from the unbootable computer, you come to the right place. To do that, you can use the third-party software – MiniTool Partition Wizard Pro Ultimate.
It is an all-in-one partition manager and data recovery utility. Its Data Recovery feature enables you to recover data from the unbootable computer with ease.
Now, here is the tutorial.
1. Click the following button to download MiniTool Partition Wizard Demo and install it on a normal computer.
3. Then connect the bootable media to the unbootable computer with error code 2000-0151, change boot order and boot from it.
4. After entering the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard, click Data Recovery.
5. On the Data Recovery interface, all disks and partitions will be listed here. Select the partition containing important files and choose Scan to continue.
6. Then wait for the scanning process to be finished. During the process of scanning, you can choose to stop or pause it if you find the files you need.
7. After that, check the files you need and click Save to store them to another location.
After all steps are finished, you have successfully recovered files from the unbootable computer with error code 2000-0151. So, you can go ahead to fix the Dell error code 2000-0151. In the next content, we will show you how to solve the Dell error code 2000-0151.
How to Fix Dell Error Code 2000-0151
In this section, we will show you the solutions to the error code 2000-0151. Please note that all these solutions are demonstrated based on the unbootable computer. If your computer is bootable, you can ignore the steps of booting the computer from Windows installation media and just try the repairing steps.
The following solutions are not 100% effective because the Dell error code 2000-0151 indicates severe hardware issues. So, it may depend on your hardware conditions. Sometimes the error may be solved unless you replace the hard drive. However, the following solutions are still worth trying and you can try them one by one.
Way 1. Check BIOS Settings
The Dell error code 2000-0151 may be caused by the wrong BIOS settings. So, in order to fix this error, you need to check whether there are changes in the BIOS settings and reset it to the default settings.
Now, here is the tutorial.
- Restart your computer and press F12 continuously to enter the BIOS settings.
- Then select Load Default, Load Setup Defaults, Load Default Settings, Load Optimal Defaults, or similar option in BIOS Settings and hit Enter to reset the BIOS setting.
- Then press F10 to save the changes.
Once all steps are finished, reboot your computer and check whether the Dell error code 2000-0151 is removed.
This tutorial teaches you how to reset BIOS/CMOS to default/factory settings in Windows 10 PC or laptop. Check the 3 steps guide.
Way 2. Run Surface Test
The Dell error code 2000-0151 may occur when there are bad sectors on your hard drive. So, it is necessary for you to check how many bad sectors on the hard drive. If there are too many, it means that your hard drive is imminent to fail.
So, how to check bad sectors on the hard drive? MiniTool Partition Wizard is able to help you. If you have created a MiniTool recovery USB drive in the above, you can connect it to the unbootable computer with error code 2000 0151 and boot from it. If not, create a bootable media first.
Now, we will show you how to check bad sectors on the hard drive.
1. Connect the MiniTool recovery USB drive to the computer and boot from it.
2. Then enter the main interface of MiniTool Partition Wizard.
3. Then select the hard drive you want to scan and choose Surface Test.
4. Then click Start Now to continue.
5. When the scanning process is finished, you can check the result. The disk block without reading error will be marked as green color, while the disk block with reading error will be marked as red color.
If there are few bad sectors on the hard drive, you can choose to shield them. If there are too many bad sectors, you need to back up your files and replace the hard drive.
Have you ever met the issue bad sectors on hard drive? What can you do if your hard drive has a bad block? This post will show you.
Way 3. Run CHKDSK
CHKDSK is able to help you to fix some hard drive errors, such as bad sectors, improper shutdowns or corrupted software, etc. So, in order to fix the Dell error code 2000-0151, you can try running the CHKDSK tool.
Now, here is the tutorial.
2. Insert the Windows installation disc to the unbootable computer and boot from it.
3. Then select the language, keyboard input and time.
4. Next, click Repair your computer.
5. Next, choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt to continue.
6. Then type the command chkdsk c: /f /r in the Command Line window and hit Enter to continue. (C represents the drive letter and you can change it by yourself.)
Way 4. Replace the Hard Drive
If the above solutions cannot fix the Dell error code 2000 0151, the last option you should choose is to replace the hard drive. If you already recovered data before, you can replace the hard drive directly and reinstall the operating system.
However, if you do not want to reinstall the OS to the new hard drive, you can choose to migrate OS to new hard drive. After that, the Dell error code 2000-0151 will be removed from your computer.
Related article: How to Replace Laptop Hard Drive Without Reinstalling Windows?
After reading this post, you may already know how to fix the Dell error code 2000-0151. If you come across the same error, try these solutions. If you have any better solution to fix it, you can share it in the comment zone.
In addition, if you have any problem with MiniTool products, please feel free to contact us via the email [email protected] and we will reply to you as soon as possible.