You can use add-ins in Microsoft Word to get more features. This post introduces how to download, install, add or remove add-ins in Microsoft Word. A free file recovery method is also provided to help you recover deleted/lost Word or any other files. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
How to Install/Add Add-ins for Microsoft Word
Way 1. Find and Add Add-ins from Office Store
You can easily access Office Store from the Word app to find and download your preferred add-ins.
- Open the Word app on your computer.
- Click the Insert tab on the toolbar.
- Click the Store option in the Add-ins The Office Store window should open.
- You can search for the target add-in you want to add from the Office Store and click the Add button to download and install the add-in for your Word program.
Way 2. Download Word Add-in from Online Websites
- You can also download the target Word add-in online and save its file to your computer.
- Next, you can open Word app and click File -> Options -> Add-Ins. Here you can see all installed add-ins for your Word app.
- Select an add-in type and click the Go button next to Manage.
- Click Browse to find the downloaded Word add-in file to install the add-in for Word.
This post lists some best Excel add-ins (for data analysis, etc.). Also check how to add, disable, or remove add-ins in Microsoft Excel in this post.
How to Disable or Remove Add-ins in Microsoft Word
- Open Word app and click File -> Options -> Add-ins.
- Click the Go button next to Manage.
- Select the target add-in you want to disable or remove. To disable the add-in, you can uncheck the box next to it. To uninstall the add-in from Word, you can click the Remove button. Click OK to save your changes.
18 Best Microsoft Word Add-ins You May Like
- Excel-to-Word Document Automation
- MyScript Math Sample
- Handy Calculator
- Copyleaks Plagiarism Checker
- Lucichart Diagrams for Word
- DocuSign for Word
- Read My Document
- Font Finder
- Emoji Keyboard
- Pixabay Images
- Consistency Checker
- I Should Be Writing
Guide for WinZip free download full version for Windows 11/10/8/7. Get WinZip file archive and compression tool to zip or unzip files with ease.
To Recover Deleted/Lost Word Documents for Free
If you mistakenly deleted some Word files or lost some documents, you can try a professional data recovery program to recover the deleted/lost files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a popular data recovery application for Windows. You can use it to recover any deleted/lost files from Windows computers, USB flash drives, memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc.
You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to restore data under different data loss situations, e.g. mistaken file deletion, mistaken disk formatting, hard drive corruption, computer malware infection or system crash, and more.
It has an intuitive interface and features simple operation. You can use it to scan and recover data in a few simple steps.
This post offers simple instructions for how to add, remove, or disable add-ins for the Microsoft Word app and provides a free data recovery tool to help you recover deleted/lost Word files.
If you have other computer problems, you may find an answer from MiniTool News Center which contains various useful computer tutorials.
To try other products from MiniTool Software, you can go to its official website. MiniTool also offers MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool Video Repair, MiniTool uTube Downloader, and more. If you have any issues with using these software programs, you may contact our support team via [email protected]. They may be able to help you diagnose and fix your problem.