Adding add-ins to Excel can extend the functionality of the Microsoft Excel app. In this post, you can check the list of best Excel add-ins (for data analysis, etc.) and learn how to add, remove, or disable add-ins in Microsoft Excel. To recover deleted or lost Excel files from computers, USBs, etc. you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
2022 Best Excel Add-ins (for Data Analysis, etc.)
- Power User (contains many powerful functions for Excel)
- ASAP Utilities (provides many time-saving shortcuts for Excel)
- PowerPivot (for data analysis)
- Power Query (for data transformation, discovery, etc.)
- Multi-purpose Excel Modelling Tool (for Excel formatting, modeling, etc.)
- Analysis ToolPak (for data analysis)
- Money in Excel (for financial business)
- Analystix Tools (for financial analysis)
- Hoadley Finance Add-in (for financial and investment business)
- Ablebits Ultimate Suite (contains 70+ professional Excel tools)
- Excellent Analytics (import Google Analytics marketing data into a spreadsheet)
- Lucidchart (for intelligent diagramming)
- Supermetrics (for moving and analyzing marketing data)
- Duplicate Finder and Deleter (for finding and deleting duplicates in Excel)
If you are looking for an add-in for specific purpose in Microsoft Excel, you can search online by yourself.
Guide for WinZip free download full version for Windows 11/10/8/7. Get WinZip file archive and compression tool to zip or unzip files with ease.
How to Install or Add Add-ins in Excel
Way 1. Install an Excel Add-in from Office Store
- Open the Excel app and click Insert -> Store to open the Office Store.
- Search and find the target Excel add-in and click the Add button to install the add-in for your Microsoft Excel app.
Way 2. Manually Download and Install the Excel Add-in
- Download and save the Excel add-in file to your computer. Right-click the file and select Properties to check the file path.
- Open the Excel app and click File -> Options.
- Click Add-ins in the left panel and click the Go button next to Manage on the right window.
- In the Add-Ins window, click the Browse button, find and choose the add-in file you downloaded.
- The add-in should appear in the list. Check it and click OK to enable it.
Tip: If the Excel Add-in file is locked, you may need to right-click the file and select Properties, check the Unblock box next to Security to unblock the add-in file.
This post introduces the 8 best free word processors for Windows 10/11 that let you easily create, edit, save, and print documents on your PC.
How to Enable or Disable an Add-in in Microsoft Excel
- Open the Microsoft Excel app.
- Click the File tab and choose Options.
- Click Add-ins in the left column. Another way to access your add-ins in Excel is to click the Excel Add-ins button under the Insert tab.
- Next to Manage, click the Go
- You can see all your Excel add-ins in the pop-up window. You can uncheck the box of the target add-in and click OK to disable the Excel add-in. After that, the add-in will not open the next time you open Excel.
- To enable the Excel add-in again, you can check the box of the Excel add-in again.
How to Uninstall or Remove an Excel Add-in
If you want to completely uninstall or remove an add-in in Excel, you can follow the steps below.
- Open the Excel app and click File -> Options. Click Add-ins in the left panel.
- Select the target add-in in the right window to view its details. Next to Location, you can see where the add-in file is saved.
- Copy and paste the add-in file path in File Explorer to locate it. Delete the file of the Excel add-in.
- Go back to Excel app and get to the Add-ins window. Click the target add-in you deleted in File Explorer and a pop-up window will appear to ask you if you want to delete the add-in from the list. Click Yes to permanently delete the add-in from your Excel app.
This post teaches you how to add, remove, or disable add-ins in Excel and gives a list of the best Excel add-ins you may be interested in. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool News Center.
To recover deleted or lost Excel files or any other files from computers, USBs, SD cards, etc. you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery which helps you recover any deleted/lost data.