External hard drives are popular due to its portability and large capacity. You can take it with you so that it’s very convenient to get access to your data. Yet, for users who would like to take an SSD (with faster speed), an external enclosure is required. Here, MiniTool mainly introduces 3 best SSD enclosures.
External SSD Enclosure Is Popular
According to statistics, external SSD Enclosure becomes one of the products that are searched most online. Some users desperately need an SSD enclosure. It is no exaggeration to say there are hundreds of external SSD Enclosure models being launched on current market.
The quality of external enclosure for SSD varies a lot. If you select a solid-state drive enclosure casually, you will put yourself in danger.
- You may be not content with the quality and performance of your newly bought SSD enclosure.
- The SSD enclosure may fail to make the most of your SSD.
- What’s worse, damage may be brought to your SSD and data saved here.
Best SSD Enclosure for You to Buy in 2022
Top 3 Best SSD Enclosure
You may ask which the best SSD enclosure is. Here, I’ll introduce top 3 external enclosures for SSD, which are recommended by the industry experts. You can choose the most suitable one in a few minutes and enjoy its performance immediately.
- Inateck M.2 NVMe Enclosure
- UGREEN Thunderbolt 3 USB C 3.1 Gen2 Enclosure
- ORICO Aluminium 2.5 Inch USB 3.1 Gen Drive Enclosure
One: Inateck M.2 NVMe Enclosure
The Inateck M.2 NVMe enclosure is favored by SSD users. You can find both USB 3.2 Gen 2 and M.2 SATA interfaces on this enclosure; it’s able to achieve 10Gbps data transmission.
- Fast transfer rate: the transmission bandwidth is up to 10Gbps, the read-write rate is up to 950MB/s.
- High compatibility: it’s compatible with M.2 SATA and NVMe SSDs. It supports Windows operating systems (Windows 11/10/8/7), macOS, and Linux.
- Flexible hard drive installation: there are two fixators designed to fix the M.2 SSDs of different standards (2242, 2260 and 2280).
It’s hard to say which computer bus interface is better for SSD: PCIe or SATA. Please read this post and choose the more suitable one.
Two: UGREEN Thunderbolt 3 USB C 3.1 Gen2 Enclosure
This enclosure designed by UGreen is suitable for both SSDs and hard drives.
- Fast speed: provided with USB 3.1 Gen 2 and UASP potocal, it has a data transfer speeds up to 6Gbps. Besides, the read and write speed are accelerated by 70% and 40%.
- Good compatibility: with Thunderbolt 3, it is compatible with many devices (PC, laptop, PS5, PS4, Xbox One, and Smart TV). Besides, it supports all 7mm/9.5mm 5 inch internal SSD, SATA HDD, and SSHD. You can use it on various platforms: Windows (Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP), macOS, Chrome OS, and Linux.
- Easy to use: users only need to slide off the cover and put their disks into the case. And it supports hot-swap and plug & play on different systems.
- Durable and reliable: the enclosure will go into sleep mode automatically when users don’t use it in 3 minutes. This can save power and decrease wear.
Three: ORICO Aluminium 2.5 Inch USB 3.1 Gen Drive Enclosure
The ORICO USB C enclosure is also suitable for both SSDs and hard drives; it’s an affordable but effective enclosure that deserves your attention.
- Portable HHDD/SSD solution: it's a USB-C storage for 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSDs. This enclosure is provided with USB 3.1 Gen 2. Due to the UASP support, the data transfer rates can be up to 10Gbps.
- Excellent compatibility: it is compatible with Windows (Windows 11/10/8/7), macOS and Linux. It includes USB-C & A cables to support any USB type-C and type-A devices. Besides, it supports 7mm & 9.5mm 2.5 inch SATA III/II/I SSDs/HDDs (PATA or IDE drives not included).
- Easy to install: this SSD enclosure supports plug-and-play installation and hassle free drive installation with the small screwdriver you'll need included.