To get Windows 11 2022 Update (22H2), you may choose to clean install it. How to clean install Windows 11 22H2? It is simple if you follow the guide given by MiniTool here. Now, let’s look through to find out what you should do.
Windows 11 2022 Update, also called 22H2, is a major update from Microsoft released on September 20, 2022. To get this update, you may choose to go to check for the update in Windows Update, use Windows 11 Update Assistant, or mount an ISO file of Windows 11 22H2 for the update.
In addition to these ways to get this major update, some of you may prefer to clean install Windows 11 22H2. This is because a clean install can easily delete incompatible drivers, remove temporary files, help get a faster OS, resolve existing problems, improve performance & memory usage, etc.
This post shows you a full guide of Windows 11 upgrade vs clean install. After reading it, you know which one to choose and how to install the new OS.
Further Reading: Back up Important Files in Advance
Note that a clean install can erase everything including the entire operating system, apps, settings, and more. Besides, if you store some important files on the desktop, Windows 11 22H2 clean install can remove them.
Thus, before you clean install Windows 11 22H2, back up these critical files. To do this work, you can use free backup software – MiniTool ShadowMaker. See this related post - How to Back up Windows 11 (Focuses on Files & System).
Well then, how to clean install Windows 11 22H2? Follow the guide below.
Receive what needs your attention error when upgrading to Windows 11/10 or installing a version of update? Several fixes can help you a lot.
Step-by-Step Guide: Windows 11 22H2 Download & Clean Install
The simple way for Windows 11 clean install including 22H2 is to use a USB flash drive. Firstly, you need to download Windows 11 22H2 ISO, then create a bootable USB drive and boot the PC from the drive for a clean install.
As we write this post, the current release is Windows 11 2022 Update l Version 22H2 on Microsoft’s official website. You can easily get a Windows 11 22H2 ISO file here.
See the steps below:
Step 1: Windows 11 22H2 Download ISO
1. To get the ISO file of Windows 11 22H2, go to the page of Download Windows 11.
2. In the Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) section, choose Windows 11, select a language and click 64-bit Download to get the ISO file of Windows 11 22H2. The downloading time can take several minutes and you should wait patiently.
Step 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with Windows 11 22H2 ISO
1. Get Rufus and launch it.
2. Connect your USB drive to the PC.
3. Choose the ISO file you have got – like Win11_22H2_English_x64v1.iso, configure something and click START to create a bootable USB drive.
Step 3: Clean Install Windows 11 22H2
1. Boot your PC to the BIOS menu and change the boot order to let Windows run from that USB drive.
2. Choose a language, time format, and keyboard method.
3. Click the Install now button.
4. Click I don’t have a product key.
5. Choose an edition of Windows 11 22H2.
What to do if you can’t select Windows 11/10 edition during clean installation? An effective solution can be found in this post to easily address this issue.
6. Click Custom: Install Windows only (advanced) to go on.
7. Choose a partition on which you want to install Windows 11 2022 Update.
8. The installation process starts.
If you want to install Windows 11 from USB, how can you do this task? It is an easy thing if you follow the complete step-by-step guide in this post.
In addition to directly downloading Windows 11 22H2 ISO, you can choose to use Windows 11 Media Creation Tool to directly make a bootable USB for Windows 11 22H2 clean install. Besides, Rufus also enables you to download Windows 11 22H2 ISO using its Download option and then create a bootable USB drive. Just choose the proper way to clean install Windows 11 22H2.
User Comments :Post Comment