Keynote is the presentation application designed by Apple to be used on Mac, iPhone, or iPad. Its basic function is the same as that of PowerPoint in Microsoft. People sometimes want to convert Keynote to PowerPoint; in this way, they can use the presentation on a different platform – Windows. MiniTool offers this post to show you the methods and steps to convert KEY to PPT safely.
How to Convert an Apple Keynote Presentation to Microsoft PowerPoint File
What is Keynote? Keynote is a tool developed by Apple Inc. as a part of the iWork productivity suite; it is used to help users create amazing and memorable presentations on most of the Apple devices. The presentation files created by Keynote will be saved in the name of *.key.
Several applications on Mac and Windows have similar functions:
- Keynote and PowerPoint: used to create presentations
- Numbers and Excel: used to deal with spreadsheet
- Pages and Word: used to process text & image information
When you want to view or edit Keynote presentations on Windows, instead of Mac, you need to convert Keynote to PowerPoint first. Besides, it’s necessary to convert KEY to PPT if you plan to share the presentations with non-Apple users (since Microsoft applications like PowerPoint is more universal).
The question is many people don’t know how to convert .key to PPT; they need help. In fact, the converting process may take just a few clicks. You can carry out Keynote to PPT conversion on Mac, iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, or even iCloud.
How to Convert Keynote to PowerPoint on Mac
You don’t need to download any third-party software for converting KEY to PPT; just use Keynote itself to finish the presentation file conversion on Mac. (How to recover lost Mac files?)
- Open Keynote on Mac in the way you like.
- Find the File option in the menu bar at the top and click it.
- Select Export To from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you’ll see a menu that includes several file formats you can choose. Please select PowerPoint.
- In the Export Your Presentation window, you can shift to another file format, check Require password to open, or adjust Advanced Options (choose from .pptx and .ppt).
- Click on the Next button in the lower right corner.
- Give the file a name after Save As and choose a destination to save it after Where.
- Click on the Export button to continue.
- The conversion will be finished very soon.
If you want to confirm the file you have converted, please right-click on it -> select Get Info -> navigate to the Kind option under General section.
How to Convert KEY to PPT on iPhone/iPad
- Open Keynote on your iPhone or iPad. (How to open a Keynote presentation on iPad?)
- Find the presentation that you want to convert.
- Click on the More button represented by three dots.
- Select Export from the menu you see.
- Choose PowerPoint from the available file formats.
- Define how you want to share your presentation: Message, Mail, etc.
iPhone doesn’t allow you to choose between .ppt and .pptx; it uses the latter one by default.
How to Convert .key to PPT on iCloud
- Go to the iCloud official website.
- Sign in with your Apple ID as required.
- Click Keynote.
- Drag & drop the presentation you want to convert or click on the Upload button and then select the file.
- Click on the More button (also represented by three dots).
- Select Download a Copy (you can also click on the Tools button in the toolbar of an opening presentation and select Download a Copy).
- Choose PowerPoint as the download format for presentation.
- Wait and then go to check the download location.