Notification is very useful when you need to know what's going on exactly in a certain application, site, or system. Generally, you can decide whether to allow or disallow a page/site to send & show notifications in your browser. If you don’t want to receive notifications from Google Chrome anymore, you can follow the methods mentioned below to turn them off.
In Google Chrome, you’ll be asked by default to allow or block the notification request sent by a website, app, or extension. If you allow it, messages about new changes and push notification will be sent to you by the owner/developer. What if you don’t want to see Chrome spam notifications or other notifications anymore? You can go to disable Chrome notifications manually. You can make Chrome work just how you like it!
How to Turn off Notifications in Chrome
In this part, I’ll show you how to turn off notifications in Chrome completely or partially. Steps of how to turn off Google Chrome notifications Windows 10 and how to disable notifications from apps & other senders will be covered.
MiniTool Solution offers many other Windows 10 tips & tricks for you.
How to Stop Chrome Notifications
How do I turn off Chrome notifications on Windows 10?
- Open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Click on the three vertical dots button in the upper right corner to bring up settings menu.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. (You can also type chrome://settings into the address bar and press Enter.)
- Scroll down to find the Privacy and security section.(You can also click Privacy and security from the left sidebar to go there directly.)
- Click Site Settings (it’s the last option of this section).
- Look for the Permissions section.
- Click Notifications (it’s configured to Ask before sending by default).
- Toggle the switch of Sites can ask to send notifications to off.
This is how to remove Chrome notifications from all sites.
Can you stop Chrome notifications or remove Chrome notifications from a specific site?
How to disable notifications Chrome for specific sites?
Google Chrome settings can help you allow or block notifications from one or more sites.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the three vertical dots button at top right.
- Click Site Settings under Privacy and security.
- Select Notifications under Permissions.
- Go to the Block section.
- Click on the Add button on the right side.
- The Add a site window will pop up.
- Please type the correct URL of the site you want to block (you can also copy & paste it to the context menu).
- Click on the Add button to confirm.
If you want to block more other sites, please repeat step 6 ~ 9.
Can you add an exception if you have blocked notifications from all sites in Chrome? Yes, you can. Here’s how to allow notifications from specific sites:
- Open Chrome -> click the three vertical dots button -> click Site Settings -> select Notifications.
- Go to the Allow section.
- Click on the Add button.
- Type the correct URL into the textbox under Site in the Add a site window.
- Click Add.
Finding your Google Chrome history disappeared accidentally? There are 7 effective methods to help you restore your deleted Chrome history by yourself.
How to Turn off Notifications Windows 10
How to change notification settings in Windows 10?
- Click on the Start button in the lower left corner of your PC screen.
- Select Settings from the Start menu; it looks like a gear.
- Choose System from Windows Settings list.
- Shift to Notifications & actions in the left pane.
- Look for the Get notifications from apps and other senders option and toggle its switch to Off.
This will turn off notifications in Windows 10 notification center.
What if you only want to turn off Chrome notifications Windows 10 (or another app)?
- Please go to the Get notifications from these senders section.
- Look for the app that you want to block notifications from.
- Toggle the switch beside the certain app to Off.
- Close the settings window and restart your Windows 10 computer.
That’s all about how to turn off notifications in Chrome Windows 10.