This tutorial mainly teaches you how to download or export emails from Outlook to free up some space for your Outlook mailbox. For more computer tips and solutions, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
You can export emails, attachments, calendar events, and contacts from Outlook and then import them into another Outlook account if you want. This post teaches you how to download emails from Outlook on PC or Mac and save them into PST or OLM files.
What’s the Microsoft Outlook price? How to get Microsoft Outlook for free? Check the analysis in this post.
How to Download/Export Emails from Outlook on PC
- Open Microsoft Outlook app.
- Click the File tab and click Open & Export. Click Import/Export.
- Click Export to a file and select Outlook Data File (.pst). Click Next.
- Select the email folder that you want to export.
- Click the Browse button to choose a location to save the exported file.
- The exported Outlook emails will be saved in a .pst file. If you want, you can add a password to protect the PST file.
After this, you can re-import the emails to another Outlook account or send them to another computer.
The above guide lets you export an email folder from Outlook. If you want to save a specific email from Outlook to your computer, you can follow the steps below.
How to export a particular email from Outlook:
- Launch Outlook app.
- Open the target email that you want to save.
- Then click the File tab and select Save As.
- Choose a folder to save the email and type a name for the file.
- Select a file type like an Outlook file, an HTML, or a text file.
- Click the Save button to save the target email to your computer.
If you want to download/save Outlook email as a Word file, you can choose HTML format when saving the email. Then you can open the HTML file with Microsoft Word and save the file as a Word document.
This Gmail download guide teaches you how to download the Gmail app on Android, iOS, Windows 10/11 PC, or Mac.
How to Export Emails from Outlook on Mac
- Open the Outlook app on your Mac computer. Log into the Outlook account that you want to export emails.
- Click the File tab and choose Export.
- Next, pick all the content that you want to export and click Continue.
- Then select a location that you want to save the exported file and click Save to back up Outlook emails and save to a .olm file.
Tip: For now the Outlook web version doesn’t offer an option to download emails. You can only download emails from Outlook with the Outlook app.
This post introduces everything about Mail app for Windows/Mac. Check how to open, download, use, reset, uninstall, or reinstall Mail app on Windows 10/11 PC.
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from PC, USB, etc.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional free data recovery program that helps you recover any type of files from Windows computer, USB flash drive, memory card, external hard drive, SSD, etc.
You can use it to recover deleted/lost Outlook PST files, Word documents, photos, videos, and any other files from various storage devices.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery helps you tackle various data loss situations and even helps you recover data when the PC won’t boot.
It equips an intuitive interface and even novice users can operate this program with ease. Its free edition lets you recover 1GB of data for free.