Detailed guide for how to manage contacts in Gmail. You can easily edit, delete, export or import contacts in Gmail. If mistakenly deleted some files and want to recover them, you can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery – the professional data recovery software for Windows.
In this post, you will learn how to edit, delete, export or import contacts in Gmail. You can easily manage your Gmail contacts. Check the detailed guides below.
How to Access Gmail Contacts
- Open Chrome browser, and go to https://www.gmail.com/. If you are not logged in, then you can enter your account name and password to log into your Gmail account.
- Next you can click the Google apps icon next to your profile icon at the upper-right. Click Contacts to open Gmail Contacts page.
This Google account sign up guide teaches you how to create a Google account and sign in to Google to use Gmail, YouTube, Docs, Drive, other Google services.
How to Edit Contacts in Gmail
- Find the Gmail contact you’d like to edit. You can search the target contact by entering keywords in the Search box.
- Hover your mouse on the contact name, and click the Star icon to add the contact to your Starred Contacts list, or click Edit icon to edit the detailed information of the contact.
- After editing, click Save to save the changes.
Learn about Google Docs and learn how to use Google Docs to create, edit, or share documents on your computer or mobile device.
How to Delete Contacts in Gmail
- You can find the contact you want to delete in the contacts list.
- Hover your mouse on the target contact, and click the three-dot icon next to the contact name. Click Delete to delete this Gmail contact.
How to Export Contacts in Gmail
- Select the contacts you’d like to export in Contacts list.
- Click Export in the left column, and choose a file format to save the backup for the contact.
How to Import Contacts in Gmail
- Click Import in the left column.
- Click Select file button to select a CSV or vCard file, and click Import to import contact in Gmail.
How to Create Label in Gmail
- Click Create label in the left pane.
- Type a label you want to create, and click Save.
- Select a contact in the list and click the three-dot icon. And select the label you want to assign this contact to.
- Next time if you click the label in the left panel, it will show all the contacts you assigned to this label.
How to Print a Contact in Gmail
- Select the contact you want to print in the Gmail contacts list.
- Locate your mouse to the target contact, and click the three-dot icon.
- Click Print to print the contact information.
This post introduces some best free Microsoft alternatives for Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone/iPad. Choose your preferred free office software to edit docs, etc.
This tutorial teaches you how to edit, delete, export, import, print contacts in Gmail. You can manage contacts in Gmail with ease.
If you need to recover any delete or lost files from computer or other storage devices, MiniTool Power Data Recovery is top recommended.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery lets you easily recover data from Windows PC or laptop, external hard drive, SSD, USB, SD card, and more. It allows even novice users to get back deleted/lost files in 3 simple steps. It covers various data loss situations. 100% safe and clean tool.
To recover data on Mac or Mac-related devices, a stellar Mac data recovery software is what you need.