You can download Microsoft Phone Link app for Windows 10/11 and use it to connect your Android device to your PC to access everything on your Android from your PC. This post offers a Microsoft Phone Link download guide and provides instructions on how to link your Android device to your PC. Check the details below. To find more computer tutorials and tools, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
What Is Microsoft Phone Link (Your Phone) App?
Microsoft Phone Link, formerly Your Phone, is a free app developed by Microsoft. The Phone Link app lets you get instant access to everything on your Android phone right from your PC. It can connect your Android phone to a Windows 10/11 PC to let you view and reply to Android text messages, make and receive phone calls, view your notifications, access your phone’s apps and photos, drag files between your PC and phone, and more.
Microsoft Phone Link can be also used to mirror the screen of an Android device. It also has a cross-device copy and paste feature that allows users to send copied images or text between the Android and Windows devices. However, this feature is currently in beta and only available on some Samsung devices with the Link to Windows service.
Also read: Whether you’re a tech enthusiast or a casual computer user, this article on hard drive data recovery service is a must-read to safeguard your data and regain peace of mind.
Check the Microsoft Phone Link download and user guide below.
Microsoft Phone Link App Download on Windows 10/11
In Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later, you’ll find the Phone Link app preinstalled in your system. If your computer doesn’t have the Phone Link or Your Phone app, you can follow the guide below to manually download and install the Microsoft Phone Link app for Windows 10/11.
- You can go to Microsoft Store official website or open Microsoft Store app, and search for Phone Link to access the app’s download page.
- Then you can click the Get in Store app button and click Get to instantly download the Phone Link app to your PC. Follow the instructions to install the Phone Link app.
System Requirements of Microsoft Phone Link App:
- A PC running Windows (May 2019 Update or later) or Windows 11. It’s recommended to have the latest version of Windows to get the best experience of the Phone Link app.
- An Android device running Android 7.0 or later.
- The PC and phone should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Accessing Android phone calls from a PC requires a Windows 10/11 PC with Bluetooth capability.
- The multiple apps experience requires a Windows 10 PC running the May 2020 Update or later. Still, the PC should have at least 8GB of RAM and your Android device must run Android 11.0 or later.
If your Windows system doesn’t meet the requirements to download and run the Phone Link (Your Phone) app, you can update Windows 10 to a newer version.
To update Windows 10 OS, you can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update –> Check for updates to download and install latest updates on your computer.
Check the guide for Google Docs app download for PC/Android/iPad/iPhone. Also learn how to download documents from Google Docs on a computer or mobile.
Link to Windows App Download for Android
To sync your Android phone with your PC, you also need to download and install the free Link to Windows app on your Android phone and connect it with the Phone Link app on your Windows PC.
You can open Google Play Store on your Android phone, search for the Link to Windows app, and click the Install button to download and install the Link to Windows app on your Android phone.
How to Use Phone Link App on Windows 10/11
After you download the Microsoft Phone Link app and Link to Windows app, you can check below for how to link your Android phone to your Windows 10/11 PC so that you can access everything on your Android device directly from your PC.
Preparation: Put your PC and Android device nearby and make them turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To start from your PC:
- Press Windows + S, type phone link in the search box, and select the Phone Link app to launch the app on your PC.
- If you are asked to sign in to your Microsoft account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Open the Link to Windows app on your Android device. You can follow the guide above to download the Link to Windows app on your Android device. Alternatively, you can also go to www.aka.ms/yourpc in your browser. Sign in to the Link to Windows app with the same Microsoft account that you use to sign in to your PC.
- Go back to your PC and tick the “I have the Link to Windows app ready” box. Click the Pair with QR code You’ll see a QR code appearing on your PC’s screen.
- Go back to your Android device and tap Continue on the “Is the QR code on your PC ready?” screen. Point the in-app camera to the QR code on your PC to scan the QR code. You may be asked for some permissions for accessing content on your phone from your PC.
- After connecting your Android to your PC, you can explore the content on your Android from your PC with the Phone Link app. You can see notifications, send text messages, view your photos, etc.
To start from your Android phone:
- Go to aka.ms/yourpc in a browser or open Google Play Store on your Android device to download the Link to Windows app.
- Sign in to the Link to Windows app with the same Microsoft account that you use to sign in to your PC.
- Next, you can go to aka.ms/linkphone in a browser on your PC. You should see a QR code displayed on your PC.
- Use the camera in the Link to Windows app to scan the QR code to link your Android to the PC.
- Allow for the related permissions in order to access your Android content on your PC.
To learn more about the Phone Link app, you can go to the Microsoft Phone Link app help & learning center.
Learn how to download Google Photos app for PC/Android/iPhone/iPad and how to download photos from Google Photos to your PC, Mac, or mobile device.
How to Update Phone Link App and Link to Windows App
If you see the “Update Required” page, it indicates that either your Windows PC or Android phone is running an outdated version of the Phone Link app or the Link to Windows app. To remove the “Update Required” page, you need to update the Phone Link app or the Link to Windows app. Check how to get the latest version of Microsoft Phone Link and Link to Windows app below.
To update the Phone Link app:
- You can open the Microsoft Store app on your PC.
- Search for Phone Link in Microsoft Store.
- If an update of the Phone Link app is available, you can click Update to update the app to the latest version.
Alternatively, you can also click the three-dot icon next to your Microsoft account profile and choose Downloads and Updates to check if there is an update to the Phone Link app.
To update the Link to Windows app:
For the downloaded Link to Windows app, you can open the Link to Windows app and tap Settings on your Android device, and tap Check for updates to update the app.
For the preinstalled Link to Windows app on Samsung devices, you should make sure that your select Samsung or Duo device is connected to the internet. Then you can go to Settings -> Advanced features -> Link to Windows. Tap the three-dot icon at the upper-right corner and choose Link to Windows. Tap Update if an update is available. You can choose to update Link to Windows from Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store.
Tip: If you have other issues with using the Phone Link app, you may find solutions from the official Microsoft Phone Link app troubleshooting page.
Guide for WinZip free download full version for Windows 11/10/8/7. Get WinZip file archive and compression tool to zip or unzip files with ease.
Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 11/10/8/7 PC
Here we introduce a free data recovery program to help you recover any deleted or lost data from Windows PCs or laptops.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery program for Windows. You can use it to recover any deleted/lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows computers, USB flash drives, memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc. It helps you tackle various data loss situations and even lets you recover data when the PC won’t boot.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows PC or laptop and check how to use it to recover data for free.
- Open MiniTool Power Data Recovery to get to its main UI.
- Select the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan to start scanning the drive. To scan the whole hard disk, you can click the Devices tab, choose the target disk or device and click Scan.
- When it finishes the scan process, you can check the scan result to find if your wanted files are there, if so, tick those files and click the Save button to save the recovered files to a new place.
Professional Android Data Recovery Software
To recover data from Android devices, you can try our professional Android data recovery software – MiniTool Mobile Recovery for Android Free.
This program helps you recover deleted/lost photos, videos, messages, etc. from Android phones, tablets, and SD cards. It offers two recovery modes: recover from phone and recover from SD card.
You can use it to recover Android data from various data loss situations like mistaken deletion, system crash, OS error, device stuck, virus attack, improper handling, SD card issues, etc.
You can download this Android data recovery software on Windows 10/8/7 and use it to recover data from your phone or SD card.
This post introduces the Microsoft Phone Link app and offers a Phone Link download and Link to Windows app download guide. It also teaches you how to link your Android phone to your Windows 10/11 PC to use it to access Android content from your PC. Hope it helps.
If you have other computer problems, you may find solutions from MiniTool News Center.
For more useful computer software products from MiniTool, you can visit its official website. If you have any issues with using MiniTool Software products, you can contact [email protected].