Google Photos is an amazing app to let you store, organize, and share photos and videos easily. You can setup the app to make photos and videos took with a mobile device uploaded and synced to your Google account automatically. It offers a good way of backup and an easy access to your photos and videos from any other devices.
Will Google Photos Sync Automatically to Your PC
What is Google Photos? To be specific, Google Photos is a photos and videos sharing and storage service provided by Google company (Google LLC). Every photo you have took on a mobile device will be uploaded and backed up automatically to Google Photos; meanwhile, every photo and video it finds will be extracted automatically unless the internet connection is not working.
Users’ photos and videos shoot with a mobile device (like phone) can be uploaded and synced to Google Photos so that they are accessible from other devices. As long as you log in with the same Google account you use on the phone, you can get easy access to your photos and videos. You can see that Google Photos provides a convenient and efficient backup method.
Why Don’t Google Photos Show up Locally on PC
Though your devices can sync Google Photos automatically, the photos and videos stored in it can’t show up locally on a computer. Why? The root reason is that the ability to sync photos between photos and drive has already been taken away.
However, you can’t sync Google Photos to PC directly doesn’t mean you can’t view photos & videos locally on a PC or backup files from Google Drive to PC. There are still some useful workaround solutions you can take.
How to Back up Google Photos on Your Phone
Please follow these steps to back up and sync Google Photos on iPhone, Android phone, or iPad.
- Locate the Google Photos app and open it.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Open the settings menu on your phone.
- Look for the Back up & sync feature.
- Turn on it by toggling the switch to On.
If you’re doing this on an iOS device, you still need to allow Google Photos get access to all your photos by opening Settings -> Privacy -> Photos.
How to Download & Sync Google Photos to PC
Download Google Photos to Your PC
This method works for both Windows computer users and Mac users.
- Open a browser on PC.
- Go to the Google Photos home page.
- Sign in with the correct Google account.
- Select the photos (or videos) you want to download to PC locally.
- Click on the More options icon (represented by three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
- Choose Download from the menu.
- Specify a storage path and click Save.
- Wait for the process to end.
If you’re downloading more than one photo from Google Photos, they will be compressed into one ZIP file for more convenience.
Also, you can download Google photos through Google Takeout, which allows you to export a copy of content in your Google Account.
Upload to Google Photos from PC
You can also upload your photos saved locally on your PC to Google Photos service for more convenient access.
- Open a browser.
- Go to the Google Photos page.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Navigate to the location where the photos you want to upload are saved on your PC.
- Select the photos you need.
- Drag and drop the photos to Google Photos page.
- Wait until the uploading is completed.
If you are using iPhone but have no Mac, you would be wondering how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC Windows 10.
Sync Google Photos to PC with Backup and Sync App
Back up and sync is an app that syncs your photos and videos to your Google Account automatically.
How to sync Google Photos to PC:
- Download the Google Photos Backup & Sync app and install it on your PC.
- Launch the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Select to back up only photos or videos, or all files.
- Choose the folders you want to backup.
- Select an upload size under Photo & video upload size.
- Click Start.