AirPods is widely used by users on their Apple devices; it’s a perfect wireless headphone to take with. The AirPods can provide wonderful listening experiences, so lots of users like to use it. But how to charge AirPods properly is a question on many users' minds. They want to know the exact steps and tips to charge it and they care much about its battery life.
Designed and released by Apple Inc., AirPods appeals to the public. More and more users tend to replace their old wired or wireless headphones with a new AirPods since it can bring them an unparalleled listening experience. If you think the AirPods is only a headphone suitable for Apple devices, such as iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, you’re totally wrong. According to Apple, it can also be used on other platforms and devices, such as Android devices, as a normal wireless earphone.
How to Charge Your AirPods: 3 Ways
Here comes the question: how to charge AirPods? What about the battery life? Let’s first talk about – how do you charge AirPods. After that, we’ll discuss: how long does it take to charge AirPods and how long do AirPods last. The following methods work for charging AirPods, AirPods 2 and AirPods Pro.
Charge AirPods with a Cable
Please take out your case in which your AirPods is placed and put it on your desk. Then, look for the charging port at the bottom. Now, let’s get your AirPods charged.
- Put your AirPods inside the case properly and close it.
- Connect the charge cable to the charge port at the bottom of the case.
- Plug the other end of the charge cable into a power source or a USB port on your digital device.
- Wait until the AirPods is fully charged.
You need to know that you're charging 2 devices by using the cable: both the AirPods and the AirPods case.
Charge AirPods Using the Case
What you need to know first is that the AirPods case is not only a small box to hold your AirPods, but also a charger for it. Whenever you put the AirPods inside the case properly, it will start charging the AirPods until this wireless headphone is fully charge, the battery runs out, or you remove the AirPods out of the case. The case is actually a battery pack for AirPods.
You can take the case with you anywhere you go and keep the AirPods charged on the go. So you may charge the empty case (without putting the AirPods inside) by using the charging cable mentioned in previous method. In this way, you can use the case to charge your AirPods anytime you want by simply putting it back to the case.
All in all, you can charge the case with or without the AirPods inside.
Charge AirPods with a Charging Mat
If you have a Qi-compatible charging mat, you can also use it to charge your AirPods.
- Place the AirPods case on the charger. Make sure the lid is closed and status light side is on the front, facing up.
- The status light should turn on for several seconds (about 8 seconds) and then turn off. This indicates your AirPods case is charging correctly.
In this post, we will show you how to connect AirPods to your laptop no matter whether you are running Windows operating system or macOS.
How Long Does It Take to Charge AirPods
You may be wondering the battery life of AirPods, right? How long do AirPods take to charge?
AirPods (2nd generation):
- Charging AirPods for only 15 minutes will get it up to 3 hours of listening time or up to 2 hours of talk time.
- A brand new AirPods will provide 5 hours of listening time or up to 3 hours of talk time until you need to charge it again.
- The AirPods provides more than 24 hours of listening time or up to 18 hours of talk time with multiple charges in the case.
- Charging AirPods Pro for only 5 minutes, you will get about 1 hour of listening time or 1 hour of talk time.
- The AirPods Pro will provide 4.5 hours of listening time or up to 3.5 hours of talk time on a single charge.
- The AirPods Pro provides more than 24 hours of listening time or more than 18 hours of talk time with multiple charges in the case.
That’s all about how do you charge AirPods or AirPods Pro.