AirPods is a wireless earphone designed by Apple mainly for its devices including iPhone, iPad, MacBook, etc. However, it can also be connected to and used on other devices like Android devices and Windows PC. MiniTool provides this page to show users clearly how to connect AirPods to iPhone, MacBook, Android device, and PC.
What Is AirPods
To put it in a simple way, an AirPod is a wireless Bluetooth earphone designed & released by Apple Inc. on December 13, 2016. The second generation of AirPod came out in March 2019. AirPods are mainly used on Apple devices, such as iPhone, iPad, and MacBook. You can get a new AirPod easily from Apple and other retailers.
The main function of AirPod is to play audio so that you can watch videos and listen to music on your device using it. But it can do more than just that. But the most important thing to know is how to connect AirPod.
How to use AirPods? Connecting is the first thing to mention since it's a necessary step no matter what device you use the AirPod on. The following sections will show you how to connect AirPods to your devices, including iPhone/iPad, MacBook, Android device, and Windows PC.
In this post, we will show you how to connect AirPods to your laptop no matter whether you are running Windows operating system or macOS.
How to Connect AirPods to iPhone
How to Pair AirPods with a New iPhone
- Enable Bluetooth on your iPhone: go to Settings -> select Bluetooth -> toggle the switch to On.
- Put the AirPods near to your iPhone.
- Open the lid of the AirPods case and a Not Your AirPods window will appear.
- Unblock your iPhone and press Connect.
- Press and hold the small button located on the back of the charging case. Meanwhile, make sure the lid is always open.
- Click Done after it told you that AirPods are paired and connected.
When you want to use AirPods on your iPhone the next time, you only need to pull out the earbuds from the case. Then, it will be connected automatically.
How to connect AirPods to iPad? The steps are the same.
How to Connect AirPods to MacBook
Can you connect AirPods to MacBook? Yes, you can. Here’s how to turn on AirPods on Mac:
- Place your AirPods next to the MacBook.
- Open the lid of the case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the charging case until the status light flashes white.
- Open Bluetooth on your Mac: click on the Apple menu -> select System Preferences -> click Bluetooth.
- Choose your AirPods from the devices list.
How to Connect AirPods to Android Devices
- Turn on Bluetooth on Android device: open Settings -> select Connections/Connected devices (this step is omitted on some devices) -> choose Bluetooth -> make sure it's turned On.
- Place the AirPods case near your Android device and open the lid.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case to initiate pairing mode.
- Open Bluetooth again on your Android device and select Add new device or Pair new device.
- Look for the target AirPods from the list on the screen.
- Press Pair and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Please note the following things:
- Automatic pausing doesn’t function when you remove the AirPods from your ear since it's connected to a non-iOS device. So does the Automatic resuming function.
- Besides, you can’t customize the double-tap feature when the AirPods is connected to an Android device.
- It’s not possible to trigger Google Assistant by using the AirPods since it’s only designed to work with Apples’ own voice assistant – Siri.
How to Connect AirPods to Windows PC
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on: open Settings -> choose Devices -> make sure the switch for Bluetooth is toggled to On.
- Click Add Bluetooth or other device at the top of the right pane.
- Select Bluetooth in the Add a device window.
- Move your case close to your PC and open the lid of it. Keep the AirPods in the case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the status light flashes white.
- Select your AirPods appeared in the list in the Add a device window.
- Click the AirPods to pair and connect it.
That’s all about how to connect AirPods to different devices. Please click here if you want to know more AirPods Tips And Tricks.