This tutorial from MiniTool Software explains how to download and update HP drivers for Windows 10 in 4 ways. Namely, you can go to HP Software and Driver Downloads website, run a Windows Update, update HP device drivers in Device Manager, or use a free driver updater program. Check the details below.
To make your HP laptop, PC, printer, audio, or other devices work well, it’s recommended that you update your HP drivers to the latest version.
Wonder how to download and install the latest driver updates for your HP laptop or PC, HP printer, other HP devices on Windows 10? Below are 4 ways for your reference.
HP Drivers Download and Update for Windows 10 – 4 Methods
Method 1. Download HP Drivers from HP Support website.
- Go to HP Software and Driver Downloads website in your browser. Many HP support drivers are offered.
- Select a device category like Printer, Laptop, Desktop, Other. Here we select Laptop as an example.
- Next, enter your HP laptop serial number and click Submit to identify your product. You may find your laptop serial number on your laptop body. (Related: How to check computer full specs). If you don’t know the serial number of the product, you can click Let HP detect your product to download and install HP Support Assistant that can automatically detect your product information.
- Find the preferred HP laptop drivers in the list to download.
Learn how to enable or disable automatic driver updates in Windows 11 in this tutorial. 3 ways with detailed guides are included.
Method 2. Run a Windows Update for HP driver download & update.
To download and install the latest HP drivers for Windows 10 laptop or PC, you can also run a Windows Update. The Windows Update can automatically download and install new updates for your computer including some drivers.
You can go to Windows Settings, click Update & Security, Windows Update, and click Check for updates button. Windows will automatically detect, download and install the new updates.
Guide for Windows 11 Bluetooth driver download, install and update. Download and install Intel/Realtek Bluetooth driver for Windows 11 64 bit in 4 ways.
Method 3. Device Manager lets you update device drivers.
- Right-click Start menu and select Device Manager.
- In Device Manager window, you can expand a device category and find the target HP device or hardware you want to update its driver. Right-click it and select Update driver.
- Then you can choose Search automatically for updated driver software Windows will automatically download and install the available newer driver.
Method 4. Turn to a third-party HP driver update tool
A professional free driver updater can help easily check for driver updates for your Windows 10 laptop or PC. By using a driver updater program, it helps automatically manage, download and install related driver updates on your HP computer.
Top recommended tools include Driver Easy, Driver Booster, Driver Genius, AVG Driver Updater, Smart Driver Care, etc.
How to Recover Deleted Files or Lost Data on PC for Free
Here we also introduce a top free data recovery program for HP computer users. If you mistakenly deleted a file on PC or laptop, you can easily retrieve it.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free data recovery application for Windows 10. It helps you recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, etc. from PC, laptop, memory card, USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc. in easy steps.