This tutorial gives a detailed guide on how to export Group Policy in Windows 10. You can learn how to import, export, backup and restore Local Group Policy settings in Windows 10. MiniTool, one of the leading computer software providers, produces easy free data recovery tool, hard drive partition manager, system backup and restore tool for users.
Windows built-in Local Group Policy Editor lets you configure various computer settings. If you want to export Local Group Policy and import the Group Policy settings to another computer to apply the same settings, you can check the guide below.
How to Backup/Export Group Policy Windows 10
- To backup or export Group Policy settings in Windows 10, you can click This PC on computer desktop to open File Explorer.
- In File Explorer window, you can copy and paste C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy to open Group Policy folder. Alternatively, you can also press Windows + R to open Run dialog, type %SystemRoot%\System32\GroupPolicy\ and press Enter to open the Group Policy folder.
- Since the folder we want to copy may be hidden, you may need to show hidden files in Windows 10 to unhide all Group Policy folders in System32 folder.
- Copy all Group Policy folders to another partition or external USB drive to backup Group Local Group Policy settings.
Related: Fix Group Policy Registry.pol Folder Missing Windows 10.
How to Import Group Policy Windows 10
- After you export and backup the Group Policy settings in Windows 10, you can copy and import the Group Policy folders to the target Windows 10 computer.
- Follow the same operation above to open Group Policy folder in File Explorer, and paste the copied Group Policy folders to the respective folder.
- Then you can press Windows + R, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open elevated Command Prompt.
- Type gpupdate.exe /force command in Command Prompt window, and press Enter to force update Group Policy.
- Close Local Group Policy window and restart your Windows 10 computer to make the changes take effect.
Tip: If you made some mistakes in editing Group Policy and want to restore Group Policy, you can check this post: 2 Ways to Reset All Group Policy Settings to Default Windows 10.
How to Recover Data from Windows 10 Computer
If you lost some data in your Windows 10 computer because of corrupt Group Policy, you can try a data recovery program to get back lost data.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery, a professional data recovery software for Windows, allows you to easily recover any deleted files or lost data from Windows 10 PC, external hard drive, SSD, USB flash drive, SD card, etc.
This best data recovery software helps you recover data under various data loss situations. Unless the hard drive is totally physically damaged or is overwritten by new data, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover data. Check the simple user guide blow.
- Download, install and launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery to enter into its main interface.
- Choose This PC from the left pane. If the target device is external device like USB or external hard drive, you should connect it to your computer beforehand, and choose the corresponding device from the left pane.
- Choose the target partition in the right window. and click Scan button.
- After the data scanning process finishes, you can check the scan result to find and save wanted files to another location or device.
By far, you should know how to import and export Group Policy in Windows 10, and how to easily recover lost data from Windows 10 computer.
User Comments :Post Comment