In addition to .NET 7 Preview 7, Microsoft has also released the stable .NET Framework 4.8.1. This release introduces new features and improvements to the framework. This post from MiniTool introduces how to download and install .NET Framework 4.8.1.
What’s New in .NET Framework 4.8.1
.NET Framework 4.8.1 has been released. It is included in Visual Studio 2022 version 17.3. It supports Windows 11, Windows 10 version 21H2, Windows 10 version 21H1, Windows 10 version 20H2, and Windows Server 2022.
.NET Framework 4.8.1 natively supports Arm64 architecture (Windows 11+) and accessibility improvements and other improvements announced by Microsoft. The following are more details about .NET Framework 4.8.1.
- Native support for Arm64 - .NET Framework 4.8.1 adds native Arm64 support to the .NET Framework family.
- WCAG2.1 Compliant Accessible Tooltips - The .NET Framework 4.8.1 provides two Windows UI development platforms, both of which provide developers with the support they need to create applications that are accessible to users.
- Windows Forms - Accessibility Improvements - WinForms adds support for UIA text mode. Microsoft also fixed the high contrast issue in several controls and changed the contrast of the selection rectangle to be darker and more pronounced. Scrollbar names have been updated to be consistent.
How to Download.NET Framework 4.8.1
How to download .NET Framework 4.8.1? There are two ways for you – via web installer and offline installer.
Way 1: Download .NET Framework 4.8.1 Via Web Installer
Step 1: Go to the .NET Framework 4.8.1 official download page.
Step 2: There are two download links – Download .NET Framework 4.8.1 Runtime and Donwload .NET Framework 4.8.1 Developer Pack. You should choose one based on your needs.
Step 3: Then, it will download .NET Framework 4.8.1 automatically. You need to choose a path to store the ndp481-web.exe file.
Way 2: Download .NET Framework 4.8.1 Via Offline Installer
You can download .NET Framework 4.8.1 via an offline installer.
- Download .NET Framework 4.8.1 Runtime (Offline Installer)
- Download .NET Framework 4.8.1 Developer pack (Offline Installer)
How to Install .NET Framework 4.8.1
How to install .NET Framework 4.8.1? Follow the steps below:
Step 1: Double-click the installation package to run it. Then, it will extract the file.
Step 2: Check the I have read and accept the license terms box and click the Install button.
Step 3: The installation will now begin. When it is completed, close the wizard by clicking Finish. Now click Restart now to finalize the installation. Then, you have now installed the .NET Framework 4.8.1 successfully.
This post introduces 2 ways for you to download .NET framework 4.8 and you can know how to install it. I hope that this post can be helpful to you.