If you removed or deleted drivers in Windows 10 by accident, you can try the 3 solutions to recover deleted drivers. To recover deleted files or lost files from Windows 10 computer, USB, external hard drive, etc. MiniTool Power Data Recovery helps you easily do it.
No matter the hardware drivers are deleted by accident or lost unexpectedly, you can try the 3 tips below to recover deleted/lost drivers in Windows 10.
Way 1. Roll Back the Driver
- Press Windows + X, and select Device Manager to open Device Manager in Windows 10.
- Expand the device category, and select the target device that doesn’t have driver.
- Double-click the target device to open its Properties window.
- Click Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver option to revert back to the previous installed version of the driver.
Wonder where and how to download drivers for Windows 10? This post introduces 5 ways to help you download and install the latest Windows 10 drivers.
Way 2. Reinstall the Driver
- Follow the same operation in Way 1 to open Device Manager.
- Find and right-click the target device, and select Uninstall.
- Let the computer restart and it should install the default drivers in your computer.
In Device Manager window, you can also click Action -> Scan for hardware changes to scan and reinstall the deleted or lost drivers.
Alternatively, you can also go to the official website of the device or hardware and find the corresponding driver to download and install it on your computer.
This post teaches you how to free download Nvidia drivers for Windows 10 in 4 ways. Download, install and update Nvidia GeForce drivers on Windows 10.
Way 3. Restore the System
If the two ways above don’t help, then you may perform a System Restore for your Windows 10 computer. System Restore may be able to recover the deleted/lost drivers. (Related: What does System Restore do?)
Note: You can run System Restore only when you created system restore points. Before you run the System Restore, it’s highly advised you to use MiniTool ShadowMaker to back up your important files and OS. Check: Does System Restore delete files?
Check how to do the system restore below.
- Click Start menu, and type system restore.
- Click Create a restore point.
- Under System Protection tab, click System Restore button.
- Proceed to select a system restore point to restore your Windows computer to an earlier state.
Check how to download, update, or reinstall USB drivers for your USB devices on Windows 10 PC. Step-by-step guide is included.
Best Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost Files
To recover mistakenly deleted files or lost files from Windows PC or laptop, you can use the free data recovery software – MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a program that lets you recover data from Windows computer, USB flash drive, memory card, SD card, external hard drive, solid state drive, etc.
It has an extremely intuitive interface and it is a 100% clean program. Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows 10 computer and check how to use it to recover deleted/lost files in simple steps below.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Select a device category from the left column.
- Choose the target drive or location in the right window.
- Click Scan button. Let the scan process finish.
- Check the list of scan results and find if there are any of your wanted files.
- Check needed files and click Save button to select a new destination path to store the recovered files.
Free pen drive data recovery. Easy 3 steps to recover data/files from pen drive for free (incl. corrupted, formatted, not recognized, not showing pen drive).
To recover deleted or lost drivers in Windows 10, you can try the 3 ways. If you have better solutions, you can share with us.