This post offers a detailed Google Docs download guide. You will learn how to download Google Docs app for PC, Android, or iPhone/iPad. You will also learn how to download documents from Google Docs on a computer or mobile. A free data recovery method to help you recover deleted/lost files from PC and other storage media is also provided.
Download Google Docs for Windows 10/11 PC
Google Docs is a free online word processor. It is a web-based tool and doesn’t offer a stand-alone desktop Google Docs app for downloading now.
However, if you indeed want to download Google Docs for PC, you may use a professional free Android emulator for PC which lets you access Android Google Play Store and download any Android apps/games.
You can try Bluestacks – one of the most popular free Android emulators for Windows. Check how to use Bluestacks Android App Player to download Google Docs app for Windows 10/11 below.
- First, you need to download Bluestacks app on your PC. You can go to Bluestacks official website and click the Download Bluestacks 5 button to download and install its desktop app. It is free.
- After you install Bluestacks, you can open it. Click the Play Store icon on Bluestacks home screen. Click the Sign in button to enter your Google account and password and follow the instructions to log in to Google Play Store on Bluestacks.
- Now you are in Google Play Store, you can explore the apps or games that you want to download. You can search for the Google Docs app in the Play Store. If it is available, you can download and install it for your Windows 10/11 PC.
Also read: Learn about the common causes of hard drive data loss and the steps you can take to recover data from hard drive.
Google Docs Download for Android
You can easily download Google Docs app for your Android phone or tablet and use it to create/edit documents or collaborate with others on documents. It lets you open and edit various types of files on your Android device.
- You can open Google Play Store on your Android phone or tablet. Search for Google Docs in Google Play Store.
- Tap the Install button to immediately download and install the Google Docs app for your device.
Google Docs App Download for iPhone/iPad
- For iPhone or iPad, you can open the App Store on your device. Search for Google Docs in the App Store.
- Tap the Get button to download and install the Google Docs: Sync, Edit, Share app for your iPhone or iPad.
Learn about Google Docs and learn how to use Google Docs to create, edit, or share documents on your computer or mobile device.
How to Download Documents from Google Docs
If you want to download files from Google Docs for offline use or sharing, you can follow the detailed guides below.
Download Google Docs Files on Computer
Way 1. Download documents from Google Docs
- Access Google Docs in your browser.
- Open the document that you want to download to your computer.
- Click the File tab and choose Download.
- Select a file format like Microsoft Word (.docx) to download the document.
Tip: If you want to download a large Google Docs file as a PDF file, you can click File -> Print, select Save as PDF next to Destination, and click Save to download the document as a PDF file.
This Gmail download guide teaches you how to download the Gmail app on Android, iOS, Windows 10/11 PC, or Mac.
Way 2. Download a Google Doc via Google Drive
- Go to the Google Drive website in your browser. Log in to the Google Drive account where you want to download files.
- Select the right-click the document that you want to download. You can hold the Shift button to select multiple files and then right-click.
- Click the Download option to download the Google Doc as a Microsoft Word file. Then you can use the Google Docs file offline.
Download Documents from Google Docs on Mobile
If you want to download a file from Google Docs on your mobile phone or tablet, you can follow the instructions below.
- Open the Google Docs app on your Android phone or tablet.
- Find the target document that you want to download. Tap the three-dot icon next to the document and tap Download to save it as a PDF file. To download and save the Google Doc as a Word file, you can choose Save as Word (.docx) option.
- Then you can check the downloaded Google document from the Downloads folder on your Android device.
Way 1. Save a copy of the Google Doc file
- Still, open the Google Docs app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find the target document from the list. Tap the three-dot icon next to that document and tap Send a copy.
- Choose a preferred format like PDF or Word (.docx) and click OK.
- Tap Save to Files. Navigate the location where you want to save the file and tap Save.
Way 2. Make the Google Doc file offline
You can open Google Drive on your device. Find the target Google Doc file, tap the three-dot icon next to it, and turn on the switch of the Available offline option.
Alternatively, you can open Google Docs app on your iPhone/iPad. Find the preferred document, tap the three-dot icon, and tap the Available Offline option to make the file available offline.
After this, you can access the file in the Google Docs app to view and edit it without the internet.
Learn how to download Google Photos app for PC/Android/iPhone/iPad and how to download photos from Google Photos to your PC, Mac, or mobile device.
Tips to Fix Can’t Download Files from Google Docs/Drive
If you can’t download files from Google Docs or Google Drive, you may try the tips below to fix the issue.
Tip 1. Check your internet connection.
Make sure you have a good and stable internet connection.
Tip 2. Restart your computer and restart your browser to try again.
Tip 3. Update Google Chrome
Check if your Chrome browser is outdated. You can open the Chrome browser and click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner, click Help -> About Google Chrome to update Google Chrome.
Tip 4. Clear browser caches
You can also clear your browser cached data and try to download Google Docs files again.
To clear caches of Chrome, you can click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner and select More tools -> Clear browsing data.
Tip 5. Make sure you are logged into the right Google account.
Tip 6. Use Incognito Mode. Press Ctrl + Shift + N to open Chrome in Incognito Mode and try to download files from Google Docs or Google Drive again.
Tip 7. Disable or remove conflict extensions
You can open the Google Chrome browser and click the extension icon on the right of the address bar. Choose Manage Extensions. Then you can check your installed extensions and disable/remove unnecessary extensions like ad blockers.
Tip 8. Try another browser to access Google Docs to download the documents to see if it works.
Tip 9. Contact Google Drive support for solutions.
Download and use Microsoft Phone Link (Your Phone) app for Windows 10/11 to link your Android phone and PC to access all Android content right from the PC.
Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost Files
If you mistakenly deleted some files or lost some files, you can use a professional data recovery software program to recover the deleted or lost files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a top data recovery application for Windows. This program helps you recover any deleted/lost files, photos, videos, etc. from Windows PCs or laptops, USB flash drives, SD/memory cards, external hard drives, SSDs, etc.
It can help you recover data from various data loss situations and even lets you recover data when the PC won’t boot.
Download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows PC or laptop and check how to use it to recover deleted/lost files below.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery to access its main UI.
- On the main interface, choose the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan. If you want to scan the whole disk, you can click the Devices tab and select the target disk or device and click Scan.
- Let the software finish the scan process. After that, you can check the scan result to find if your desired files are there. If you find the desired files, you can check them and click the Save button to choose a new destination to store the recovered files.
Tip: To select what to scan, you can click the Scan Settings icon on the left panel of the main UI and select the file types you want to scan.
Related post: How to Recover Deleted Files from Google Drive.
Free PC Backup Software
To help users fast back up files on their PCs, MiniTool Software designs a free PC backup program named MiniTool ShadowMaker. MiniTool ShadowMaker lets you easily back up the Windows system and data.
You can use this program to freely select files, folders, partitions, or the whole disk content to back up to an external hard drive, USB flash drive, or network drive at a superfast speed.
It also allows you to easily create a system image backup of your Windows OS and lets you easily restore your Windows system from the backups when needed.
This professional free PC backup utility also provides many other backup features like File Sync, Automatic Backup, Incremental Backup, and more.
Get this tool to back up your computer’s data and system now.
This post mainly introduces how to download Google Docs app for PC/Android/iPhone/iPad and how to download documents from Google Docs on a computer or mobile. A free data recovery tool and a free PC backup application are also provided to help keep your data safe. Hope it helps.
For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit MiniTool News Center.
You can try these programs for free. If you have any problems with using MiniTool Software programs, you may contact [email protected].