You can also access and read data from the external SD cards on Android phones by using a professional SD card reader for Android. This post sifts some external SD card readers for Android for your reference. To recover deleted or lost photos, videos, other data on the SD card, you can use free MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
If you want to read data on the external SD card on your Android phone or tablet, you can utilize a professional SD card reader for Android. This post lists some top SD card readers that support connecting external SD cards to your Android device and access data on the SD card.
Also read: Learn about the common causes of hard drive data loss and the steps you can take to recover data from hard drive.
Best SD Card Reader for Android Phones
Vanja 3 in 1 SD Card Reader
- Portable memory card reader. Set USB 2.0, Micro USB, and Type C plug in one.
- SD/TF Card Adapter.
- Compatible for PC, Laptop, Smart Phones, and Tablets.
- Support SDXC/SDHC/SD/MMC/RS-MMC/Micro SD/TF /Micro SDXC/Micro SDHC/UHS-I memory cards.
- Support all OTG devices. Play videos/music directly from external memory without occupying space on devices.
- Plug and play. No additional software, no drivers needed.
BoneView SD Card Reader for Android
- View, play, save, share, and delete photos and videos from camera memory cards on any smartphone and tablet.
- For all the latest Type-C Android phones.
- Instantly plug and play. No extra apps are required.
Learn how to mount or unmount SD card in this post. Mount SD card as permanent storage in Windows 10. Fix SD card won’t mount error in 4 ways.
SmartQ C256 Micro SD Card Reader
- Type-C USB-A memory card reader.
- USB 2.0 Super Speed for MicroSDXC, MicroSDHC, SD, SDXC, SDHC, SD Cards.
- Works for Android, Windows, macOS.
UGREEN SD Card Reader USB Type C USB 3.0 OTG Memory Card Adapter
- Equipped with USB 3.0 Type A and Type C plugs.
- Transfer data between memory cards and USB-A / USB-C / thunderbolt 3-capable PCs, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets with OTG functions.
- Deliver high transfer speed with USB 3.0 chips, up to 5gbps. Transfer 1GB HD movie in seconds.
- 2 card slots let you simultaneously access SD and micro SD cards.
- Support all popular memory cards including SD, SDHC, SDXC, RS-MMC, MMC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC, Micro SDXC, and UHS-I cards in large capacity up to 512G.
- Compatible with all popular Android phones and tablets, Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Compact and portable.
How to format 64GB SD card to FAT32 for free? Here are 3 free ways with step-by-step guide to format SD card to FAT32 in Windows 10.
COCOCKA USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader
- SD/micro SD card reader with standard USB male & micro USB male connector for smartphones/tablets with OTG function.
- Transfer files, pictures, videos from TF/SD card to your PC, Android phones that support OTG function.
- Read SDXC/SDHC/SD/MMC/RS-MMC/Micro SD/TF /Micro SDXC/Micro SDHC/UHS-I memory cards.
- No drivers are required. No additional power supply or software installation is needed.
- Safe cover design to protect USB connectors from dust or dropping.
You can use the best SD card reader for PC to connect your SD card, memory card, or micro SD card to computer to read photos, videos, files on the SD card.
Best SD Card Reader App for Android
To read SD card content on Android devices, you can utilize an external SD card reader for Android. You can just use the SD card reader to connect the SD card, microSD card, memory card to your Android phone or tablet. Then read and transfer files between your Android device and external SD memory.
Still, to access and better manage data on SD cards or micro SD cards, you can also recur to a professional SD card reader app for Android. Searching online, we find this app, SD Card Manager For Android & File Manager Master Below, which lets you easily manage files from external SD cards on a smartphone. You may download this app on your Android device to have a try.
SD Card Manager For Android & File Manager Master
- This SD card reader app allows you to browse all files and folders on your SD card or device.
- You can choose internal storage or external SD card memory to manage.
- Let you create directories, create files, copy, move, rename, delete, or share files.
- Manage all images, videos, apps, ringtones, etc.
- View file details like format, size, location, etc.
- Show hidden files and folders on your SD card or device.
- Support various memory cards, 4GB, 16GB, 62GB, 128GB, etc.
SD card not showing up on Windows 10 computer? Check the 10 solutions in this tutorial to fix micro SD card not showing up or recognized Windows 10 issue.
How to Recover Deleted/Lost Files from SD Cards
SD cards or memory cards can be easily damaged if you don’t protect them well. The SD card can be corrupted due to wrong operation, file system corruption, or other SD card errors. You may lose some precious photos or videos on the SD card. To recover lost data from a corrupted SD card or recover mistakenly deleted photos and videos on the SD card, you can use a professional data recovery program.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery application for Windows. You can use it to recover any deleted or lost files, photos, videos, audios, etc. from Windows PC or laptop, SD or memory card, USB flash/pen/thumb drive, external hard drive, SSD, etc. It also supports formatted or corrupted SD card recovery.
Download and install the free and clean program MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your Windows computer, and check the simple operation below to recover deleted/lost files from SD or memory cards.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
- Under This PC, you can find the target SD card. Or you can click Removable Disk Drive to select the SD card.
- Click Scan button and this software will instantly scan the SD card.
- After it finishes the scan, you can check the scan result to find needed files, check them and click Save button to choose a new location to store the recovered files.
You can pick the best SD card for GoPro Hero 9/8/7 Black camera to capture high-quality 4K/1080p/720p HD videos. Check 2022 top GoPro memory cards in this post.
To access and read external SD cards on Android phones or tablets, you can use a professional SD card reader for Android. This post lists some choices for your reference.
If you want to recover deleted or lost data from SD cards, micro SD cards, or memory cards, you can try the free data recovery software – MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
For more useful free software from MiniTool, you can visit its official website. It also offers you MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool ShadowMaker, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool uTube Downloader, MiniTool Video Converter, and more.
Should you have any problems with using the products from MiniTool Software, you can contact [email protected].
Here is a Windows 10 SD card reader driver download guide. Install Realtek card reader driver to fix SD card reader is not deleted or not working on Windows 10.