How to Recover Photos from Formatted Hard Drive/SD Card
Formatting a hard drive or an SD card is a routine operation when using the computer or SD card. First, formatting a drive can solve some issues such as you need to format the disk before you can use it, SD card becomes RAW, USB drive not recognized, and more.
After formatting, users will be able to use the drive as a new one. But, the original files on it will be deleted. If it is a drive that has saved the important photos, users will ask: how to recover photos from formatted hard drive or SD card?
The best way to recover formatted photos is to use the professional photo recovery software: MiniTool Photo Recovery.
Then, users will ask how to operate this software to perform formatted photo recovery. In the following content, we will show a detailed guide.
Use MiniTool Photo Recovery to Recover Formatted Photos
MiniTool Photo Recovery is a software that is designed to recover lost or deleted photos, videos, and audios from the computer hard drives, SD cards, memory cards, and more. With this software, users can recover their data from formatted, RAW, or damaged partitions.
With the free edition of this software, users can recover up to 200MB data without paying any cent. Press the following download button to get this free photo recovery software.
In this guide, we will show users how to recover photos from formatted hard drive with MiniTool.
After downloading and installing this software on the computer, users can follow these steps to recover formatted photos:
1. Open the software to enter the main interface.
2. Press the Start button to continue.
3. When seeing the following interface, users need to choose the drive that has been formatted and press the Scan button to continue.
4. When the software finishes scanning, users can see the scan results. The left list is about the types of recovered files. Users can open each folder to view the detailed items in them and choose the photos they want to recover.
5. After selecting the needed photos, users can press the Save button and choose a proper path to save them.
Now the formatted photos have been recovered. Users can access the specified path to view and use them directly.
If users want to recover photos from formatted SD card, memory card, USB flash drive, etc, they should first insert the card to a card reader and connect the reader to the computer. After that, they can repeat the above 5 steps to get the formatted photos back.
If users want to recover more than 200MB photos with MiniTool Photo Recovery, they need to use a full edition. Users can go to the MiniTool official store to choose a suitable edition.