When do delete videos from your iPhone permanently you can’t recover them from the device directly. But is there any other way to perform iPhone video recovery? MiniTool Software will show you how to recover deleted videos from iPhone using the backup file.
Can You Recover Deleted Videos on iPhone?
They say the best camera is the one that you have with you. If you are using an iPhone, it will be your best camera. You can use the device to shoot videos and then share them with others in different methods.
But recently, we saw this case online:
I was trying to upload a video from my iPhone onto YouTube when I fell asleep. This morning, the video was in the process of downloading and I wanted to stop the download to do something else with the video. But I hit the delete button thinking it would just stop the download not remove the video from my phone. How to recover deleted videos from iPhone?discussions.apple.com
This is a typical iPhone video loss issue. Here, it is necessary to mention that when you delete the iPhone videos for the first time they are not removed from your device immediately, but transferred to the Recently Deleted album where these videos show you the days remaining before deletion.
After that time videos in that folder will be permanently wiped from your iPhone forever. Before this you are able to recover them from the Recently Deleted album. So, you can check this album to verify whether your deleted iPhone videos are stored on it or not.
If the iPhone videos are deleted from the Recently Deleted album, the nature of this issue is changed. Since the original data is wiped from your iPhone, you have to change the way to recover deleted iPhone videos.
Here, we have to mention iTunes backup and iCloud backup. Both of these two backup methods are recommended by Apple. The original intentions of these two backups are to keep your iPhone data safe and enable you to restore your iPhone from a backup.
On the surface, these two recovery methods are good, but the truth is that they will replace all the original iPhone data rather than recovering the specified data type(s) you want to.
In view of this situation, technicians have designed some iPhone data recovery software to make iPhone video recovery possible. When you search for how to recover deleted videos from iPhone on internet, there will be different kinds of recommended relevant programs.
Here, we suggest trying the free iPhone data recovery software - MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS.
About MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS
As a piece of reliable and professional iOS data recovery software, MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS can be used to retrieve different kinds of data, such as photos, messages, videos, notes, Safari bookmarks, contacts, call history, and more, from iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches.
No matter which iOS version you are using, you can just use this software to recover deleted videos from your iPhone.
With the free edition of this software you are allowed to recover 2 pieces of iPhone videos each time.
Thus, we think you can firstly download and install this freeware on your computer to try whether it can find the iPhone videos you want to recover.
If finally, you decide to use this software to perform an iPhone video recovery, you can choose to update to an advanced edition from the MiniTool official site.
After downloading and installing this software on your computer you can just open it to learn it.
You can discover that it has three recovery modules - Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup File and Recover from iCloud Backup File.
What can they be used to do?
The first recovery module can be used to rescue deleted data from your iPhone directly as long as they are not overwritten by new data. But, due to the limitation of iOS devices, once you permanently delete videos as well as photos from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, those deleted items will not be detected and recovered from the device directly with any third-party software.
So, the Recover from iOS Device module is unavailable to restore deleted videos on iPhone.
Of course, Apple has introduced two solutions to recover iPhone data from iTunes and iCloud backup files. But, they will overwrite the current data on your iPhone. While, this software enables you to get back videos you deleted on iPhone separately.
The rest of the sections in this part will show you how to utilize these two recovery modules to restore your deleted iPhone videos.
Just as retrieving deleted iPhone videos, the permanently deleted iPhone photos can also be recovered in two methods with this software. You can find the detailed steps in this post: 2 Simple Solutions to Recovering Deleted Photos on iPhone.
Recover Deleted iPhone Videos from iTunes Backup File
First, let’s talk about the Recover from iTunes Backup File module of this software.
In theory, iTunes backup is the most comprehensive backup. So, if you have made an iTunes backup before you deleted your iPhone videos, you’d better try this recovery module first.
Then, you should make this preparation: the target iTunes backup file should be saved on the computer you are going to use. If not, you should copy that backup file to the objective computer.
When everything is OK, you can operate this software as the following steps tell you to do:
1. Open the software.
2. Switch to the Recover from iTunes Backup File module.
3. The software will show you all the iTunes backup files it can detect on the software interface. You can identify the iTunes Backup file according the Name and Latest Backup Date. Then, select the target one and press Scan to continue.
4. It will take a while to finish the scanning process. When it ends, you will see a data type list on the left side of the interface.
In this step, you can choose Videos from the list and then the software will show you the items in the software interface. Next, you can go to see whether you can find the videos you want to recover.
5. As mentioned above, you can use this free iPhone video recovery software to recover 2 videos each time. Here, you can just check two items and then press the Recover button to continue.
6. You will get a pop-out window as follows. Here, it allows you to choose a path to save the selected iPhone videos by pressing on the Browse button and then you should just follow the wizard to finish the operation.
After these simple steps, you can open the specified storage path to directly use the recovered iPhone videos.
If you want to recover deleted videos from your iPhone without limits, you can upgrade this freeware to a full edition.
To upgrade this software, you can press the Register button (the key icon on the top menu of this software), click Buy a full version to get a full edition, and then input the license key to register the software. On the other hand, you can also go to the MiniTool official store to get an advanced edition.
Rescue Deleted iPhone Videos from iCloud Backup File
If the deleted iPhone videos are contained on your previous iCloud backup file, you can try Recover from iCloud Backup File module.
1. Open the software.
2. Switch to the Recover from iCloud Backup File module.
3. Sign in iCloud using your Apple ID and Password.
4. Press Sign In.
- This software will show you all the iCloud backup files it can detect and display them on the interface with their property such as their Name, Latest Backup Date, File Size, and so on. You are able to choose the one you want to use according to these properties. Then, press on the DownLoad button to continue.
6. There will be a pop-out window with all the recoverable data types listed on it. This time, you only want to retrieve deleted iPhone videos, so just check Videos and click on the Confirm Then, this software will start its downloading process.
7. When the download process ends, the software will only show you the iPhone videos it can detect. Of course, you can recover 2 videos with this recovery module. You can also upgrade this software to a full edition to recover all the iPhone videos without limitation.
When you see this recovery module’s results interface you will discover that it is different from the Recover from iTunes Backup File module.
Obviously, this interface only shows you the iPhone videos, because step 3 enables you to choose the data type you want to download. This is an advantage which can save you a lot of time in the case that the whole iCloud backup file is large in size.
However, every recovery module has its own advantages. Just choose one module according to your own situation.
Complimentary content: although Recover from iOS Device can’t be used to restore your permanently deleted videos and photos on iPhone, you can use it to recover other kinds of deleted data, such as messages, notes, contacts, and call history, as long as the original data tracks are not overwritten by new data.
To make this recovery module work best you should stop using your iPhone immediately after the deletion of iPhone messages or any other data. Besides, you have to install the latest iTunes application to your computer in advance to make this recovery module work successfully.
There are some useful tips you should pay attention to when you are managing your iPhone videos and using MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS:
- Please think twice before you delete videos on iPhone, especially when you try to delete them from the Recently Deleted album forever.
- From the above content you will know that if you permanently delete the videos on your iPhone by an accident, your only chance to get them back is to retrieve them from the previous iTunes or iCloud backup files. That’s why we advocate making and updating iTunes and iCloud backups regularly.
- To guarantee the efficiency of iPhone data recovery you’d better choose to purchase and use the official MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS.
This post tells you how to recover deleted videos from iPhone with MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS. Of course, you can also use this software to rescue other types of files from your iPhone like photos, messages, contacts, and more.
Should you have any questions when dealing with the iPhone data loss issues, you can contact us via [email protected] or let us know in the comment.