If your printer is not working on Windows 11/10, you can try the 5 tips in this post to solve common printer problems. For more computer tips and tricks, please go to MiniTool Software official website.
This post mainly introduces some possible solutions to help you fix printer not working problem on Windows 11/10 computer. Check the detailed instructions below.
Tip 1. Run Windows Printer Troubleshooter
To help users solve common printer problems, Microsoft included a built-in Printer Troubleshooter tool in the Windows system. You can run Windows Printer Troubleshooter to see if it can help you fix the printer not working issue. The operation is slightly different between Windows 11 and Windows 10.
For Windows 11:
- Click Start -> Settings.
- Under the System tab, you can click Troubleshoot in the right window.
- Click Other troubleshooters and you will see the list of Windows Troubleshooters.
- Find Printer and click the Run button next to it. The Printer Troubleshooter will run.
For Windows 10:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click the Printer and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
Tip 2. Update Printer Driver on Windows 11/10
If the printer driver is outdated or missing, the printer may not work. You can follow the steps below to update printer driver on Windows 11/10.
- Right-click Start and select Device Manager to open Device Manager on Windows 11/10.
- Expand Print Queues.
- Right-click your printer and select Update driver.
- For Windows 11, you can select the Search automatically for drivers option and the system will search your computer for a newer printer driver to install. For Windows 10, you can select Search automatically for updated driver software option, and the system will search your computer and the internet for the latest printer driver, download and install it automatically for your computer.
Tip 3. Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Driver on Windows 11/10
- Follow the same operation in Tip 2 to get to Device Manager.
- Right-click your printer and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstall to remove the printer driver from your computer.
- Then you can restart your computer and it will reinstall the printer driver. If the printer driver isn’t installed, you can also go to your printer manufacturer’s website, go to the driver download page, search the corresponding driver for your printer to download and install on Windows 11/10.
Tip 4. Update Windows 11/10 System
If your Windows system has some glitches, it may cause the printer not working issue. You can update your Windows 11/10 computer to the latest version to see if it helps fix the issue.
For Windows 11, you can click Start -> Settings -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to run the Windows Update process.
For Windows 10, you can click Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates to conduct the Windows update.
Tip 5. Other Common Printer Troubleshooting Steps
- Make sure there is paper in the tray of the printer.
- Check if the ink or toner cartridge is empty.
- Make sure the USB cable is well plugged or the printer is well connected to WiFi.
- Open Control Panel and go to Devices and Printers. Right-click the target printer and set it as the default printer.
- Replace the cartridge of the printer.
This post offers some tips to help you fix printer not working problem in Windows 11/10, hope it helps.
User Comments :Post Comment