This post includes content for Windows 11 64 bit requirements and how to download and install Windows 11 64 bit OS for your PC. For more computer tips & tricks as well as free computer programs, you can visit MiniTool Software official website.
Windows 11 will be free to download for Windows 10 users. This post mainly teaches you how to get Windows 11 64 bit downloaded for your PC. Before you start, you can first check the Windows 11 64 bit requirements to make sure your PC hardware meets the conditions to download and install the Windows 11 64 bit OS.
Windows 11 64 Bit Requirements
If you want to download the 64 bit Windows 11 OS, you should meet the minimum system requirements Microsoft has announced for Windows 11.
- Processor: 1GHz or faster, 2 or more cores, a compatible 64-bit processor.
- RAM: 4GB or larger.
- Storage: 64GB or larger.
- Graphic card: Support DirectX 12 or newer versions.
- TPM: TPM version 2.0.
- >> More Windows 11 specifications & requirements
You can use Microsoft PC Health Check app to test if your PC can install Windows 11 64 bit OS. The app will be available to download when Windows 11 rolls out. Now you can manually check your PC full specs to see if it is qualified for downloading Windows 11 64 bit.
Learn how to upgrade from 32-bit Windows 10 to 64-bit Windows 11 in this post. A step-by-step guide is provided.
Free Download Windows 11 64 Bit Full Version
Method 1. Via Windows Update
If your PC is running on Windows 10 64 bit and meets the Windows 11 64 bit requirements. You can get Windows 11 64 bit operating system for free via Windows Update.
- Go to: Start -> Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update.
- Click the “Check for updates” button to check if the Windows 11 insider preview build is available to download.
- If you didn’t see the Windows 11 insider preview build, it might be because you haven’t join Windows Insider Program yet or your computer hardware doesn’t meet the Windows 11 64 bit requirements. If you see the preview build is available, then you can click Download and Install to instantly download Windows 11 64 bit full version on your PC.
For Windows 10 Pro users, you’ll have Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. For Home edition users, you will have Windows 11 Home 64 bit.
Learn how to download free Hola VPN for Chrome, Edge, PC, Mac, Android, iOS, etc. to use it to unblock and access worldwide content online with no limit.
Method 2. Download Windows 11 64 bit ISO
Another method to have the 64 bit OS of Windows 11 is to download its ISO file. Windows 10 users can download the new Windows 11 ISO image for free.
- You can download the Windows 11 ISO file for 64 bit from Microsoft or other reliable online sources.
- Then burn the ISO file to a USB flash drive.
- Plug the USB bootable drive into your computer and enter BIOS.
- Choose to boot your computer from the USB drive.
- When you see the Windows Setup window, follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 11 64 bit OS.
Note: Microsoft doesn’t release the official Windows 11 64/32 bit ISO file (disc image) yet. You may find some other Windows 11 64 bit ISO sources to download online, but be careful, it may be fake or contain malware. It’s advised you wait for the official ISO image file released by Microsoft.
How to Check If You Have 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows 11
To check if you installed 64 bit or 32 bit Windows 11 OS, you can click Start -> Settings -> System -> About. Under Device specifications, you can find if you are running a 64-bit or 32- bit version of Windows 11 OS next to System type. Under Windows specifications, you can also see your Windows 11 edition, version, and build number.