This post includes an overview of Windows 11 specifications. Check Windows 11 system requirements, versions, available languages, feature-specific requirements, etc. For more computer tips and tricks, you can visit our official website: https://www.minitool.com/.
Microsoft released its latest Windows OS – Windows 11 – on June 24, 2021 (Related: Windows 11 release date). The new operating system comes with many new features. If you want to install Windows 11 on your computer, you can check below for the basic Windows 11 specifications requirements first.
Learn how to download PC Health Check app to test your PC for Windows 11’s compatibility.
Windows 11 System Requirements
To get Windows 11, you can either upgrade from Windows 10 or download Windows 11 OS insider preview build. Both are free. But if your computer doesn’t meet the Windows 11 requirements below, you may be failed to install the new OS.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
- RAM: 4GB.
- Storage: 64GB or larger.
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable.
- TPM: TPM version 2.0.
- Graphics Card: Compatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
- Display: HD 720p display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
How to Check Your Computer Specs
To check if your computer meets the requirements above, you can follow the steps below to check PC full specifications on Windows.
- Press Windows + R, type msinfo32 in Run dialog, and press Enter to open System Information.
- In System Summary, you can find your computer OS name, version, model, type, computer processor, RAM, secure boot state, etc.
- You can also click Components to check the specifications of other computer components.
Alternatively, if your PC is already running Windows 10, you can also use the PC Health Check app that will be available when Windows 11 becomes generally available for the public.
If your current PC meets the requirements to run Windows 11, then you can get a free upgrade when Windows 11 rolls out. However, if your computer doesn’t meet the Windows 11 specs requirements, then you may consider buying a new PC if you want to run Windows 11.
Learn how to upgrade from 32-bit Windows 10 to 64-bit Windows 11 in this post. A step-by-step guide is provided.
How to Keep Windows 11 Up-to-date
Microsoft continuously improves the usage experience of Windows OS and some software updates and fixes are regularly released. You should make sure your device is up-to-date to get the best performance and security.
Windows 11 will automatically check for updates periodically. But you can also go to Settings -> Windows Update to check if there are any pending or optional updates available. You can also click Check for updates button to manually update Windows 11 to newer versions.
How to Check Your Windows 11 Computer Specifications
Press Windows + I to open Windows 11 Settings. In System tab, find and click About in the right panel. Under Windows specifications section, you can check your Windows 11 specs like Windows 11 version, build number, etc.
Additional Requirements for Some Windows 11 Features
Some features in Windows 11 have additional requirements. Some are listed below.
- Auto HDR: needs an HDR monitor.
- 5G support: needs a 5G capable modem.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate: available with supported games and graphics.
- Microsoft Teams: requires a video camera, microphone, and speakers.
- Voice Typing: needs a microphone.
- DirectStorage: requires an NVMe SSD to store and run games that use the “Standard NVM Express Controller” driver and a DirectX 12 GPU with Shader Model 6.0 support.
Still, some features are removed or changed in Windows 11. For instance, Skype will no longer be installed on new Windows 11 computers or in the Windows 11 clean install. You can download Skype from Microsoft Store if you want.
Windows 11 supports 110 languages. For more details about Windows 11 specs, system requirements, and features, you can visit this page from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications.