This essay from MiniTool official page focuses on the topic of backup synonym. It explains what synonym is and what does backup mean in this post. This essay lists some common synonyms of “backup” and “back up” as well as their related general phrases.
According to Oxford Languages, synonym /ˈsɪnənɪm/ is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language. Or, a word or expression accepted as another name for something.
According to Wikipedia, a synonym is a word, morpheme, or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word, morpheme, or phrase in the same language. The standard test for synonymy is substitution; one form can be replaced by another in a sentence without changing the meaning of the sentence.
Words are considered synonymous in one particular sense. For instance, large and high-capacity in large hard disk and high-capacity hard disk are synonymous. Yet, high-capacity can’t be used in the phrase large family.
Synonyms with exactly the same meaning share a seme of denotational sememe, whereas those with inexactly similar meanings share a broader denotational or connotational sememe and thus overlap within a semantic field. The former is sometimes called cognitive synonyms and the latter, near-synonyms, plesionyms, or poecilonyms.
What is an enterprise backup solution? Is there a piece of great enterprise backup software? This post provides the answers to the above questions.
Backup vs. Back-up
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, the backup can be a noun or an adjective. Here in this article, the “backup” we will talk about is a noun. And, as a noun, backup has two kinds of meanings. Yet, here, the backup we refer to means a copy of the information held on a computer that is stored separately from the computer.
From Wikipedia, in information technology, a backup or data backup is a copy of computer data taken and saved in another place. Once the original data is corrupted, the backup can be used to restore data. The plural form of backup is backups.
While back up is the verb form of backup, meaning the process of creating a backup. The other variants of this verb form are backed up and backing up.
World Backup Day 2022 is coming. So it is important for you to backup data so as to give protection for your data.
What Are Backup Synonyms?
After learning some backgrounds of synonym, backup, and back up, now, we will list the common synonyms of backup and back up based on the meaning mentioned in the above content.
Synonym for Backup
The following are some synonyms of backup.
Back up Synonym
Below items are synonymous with “back up”.
Need automatic backup software to automatically back up files or operating system in Windows 10/8/7? MiniTool ShadowMaker is a good option.
Backup or Back up Related Phrases
Additionally, there are some phrases of backup and back up that are frequently used in computer technology.
Phrases of Backup
- Backup copy / backup image
- File backup / files backup
- Folder backup / folders backup
- Partition backup / partitions backup
- Volume backup / volumes backup
- Hard disk backup / hard drive backup
- System backup / Windows backup / Mac backup / Android backup / iOS backup / Chrome backup
- Computer backup / desktop backup / laptop backup / notebook backup / tablet backup
- Phone backup / smartphone backup / cellphone backup
- Mobile devices backup
- Photo backup / image backup / screenshot backup / graphics backup
- Document backup / text backup
- Video backup / movie backup
- Music backup / audio backup
- Contacts backup
- Message backup
- Email backup
- Local backup / NAS backup / online backup / cloud backup
- Full backup / incremental backup / differential backup
- Schedule backup / automatic backup
- Daily backup / weekly backup / monthly backup
- Backup and recovery / backup and restore
- Manage backup / backup log
There are two simple methods to help us back up PS4 hard drive to different places. View this article to learn the step-by-step PS4 backup guide.
Phases of Back up
- Back up files / back up folders
- Back up systems
- Back up disks / back up drives / disk C
- Back up Windows / back up computers
- Back up desktops / back up laptops
- Back up removable devices
- Back up photos
- Back up videos
- Back up to external hard drive / back up to internal disk
- Back up to NAS / back up to cloud storage
- To back up
- Back it up / back me up / back them up
- Get back up / getting back up
Until now, hope you have a deep understanding of the backup synonym.