Windows 10, version 21H2 has been released for a while. You might want to update to this latest version of Windows 10 but only find that Windows 10 21H2 fails to install on your computer. If you are bothered by this issue, you can get some useful solutions from this MiniTool article.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is professional and free data recovery software for all versions of Windows. You can use it to recover all kinds of files from external hard drives, internal hard drives, memory cards, SD cards, USB flash drives, and more. This software works under different data loss situations. You can even use the bootable edition of this software to recover data from an unbootable computer. This software has a trial edition. You can use it to check if it can find your needed files. If yes, you can use a full edition of this file recovery tool to recover all your needed files without limits.
Can’t Install Windows 10 21H2 on PC!
Windows 10 21H2 was released on November 16, 2021. If your device is running Windows 10, versions 2004 and higher, you can go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update to check for updates and update to this latest version of Windows 10. Now, Windows 10 21H2 is widely available. You decide to download and install it on your computer.
But some users report that they can’t install Windows 10 21H2 on their computers via Windows Update. Usually, users also receive some error codes like 0xc1900101, 0xc1900223, Etc.
This is a very common issue. When you can’t install Windows 10 21H2 or can’t download Windows 10 21H2, you should not give up. The methods we will introduce in this article can help you successfully get Windows 10 21H2 update on your desktop computer or laptop.
Do you know how to get Windows 10 November 2021 Update on your computer? In this post, we will show you some easy and effective methods.
Solution 1: Restart Your Computer
A large number of temporary files are generated during the use of the computer. Some of these temporary files may get corrupt causing Windows 10 21H2 update problems like Windows 10 21H2 update failure.
To delete the corrupt temporary files, you just need to restart your Windows 10 computer. After that, you can go to Windows Update in the Settings app to check for updates again and see if you can successfully get Windows 10 21H2 this time.
Why rebooting a computer fixes problems? This post tells you what does restarting your computer do and why it can solve your computer issues in this post.
If the issue persists, you can try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
The Windows 10 built-in Windows Update troubleshooter can fix some Windows 10 21H2 update issues. If the Windows 10 feature update 21H2 fails to install on your computer, you can use this tool to have a try.
- Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- Click the Additional troubleshooters link from the right panel.
- Find and click Windows Update.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Windows Update Troubleshooter will begin to detect and fix the found issues on your computer. You should wait patiently until the whole process ends.
Then, you can go to Windows Update to check for updates again and see if Windows 10 21H2 can be downloaded and installed on your computer successfully.
If this method doesn’t work for you, the Windows Update components should be corrupted. You need to take measures to repair them. Keep reading to get the solution.
This post will tell you how to download and install Windows 11 on Arm with ISO, as well as some related information about Windows Arm-based PCs.
Solution 3: Repair Corrupt Windows Update Components
Windows Update Troubleshooter is not a panacea. Some users said that they still can’t download Windows 10 21H2 after using this tool. Here is a real case from Microsoft’s Windows forum.
I tried to install "2021-11 Update for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)" and it gives error every time. I get following error message: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x80d05011) I tried to run troubleshooter for windows update and it shows no error. I restarted machine but still got the same error. I looked at Microsoft update catalogue site but could not find update for Windows 10 Version 21H2. Could you please help.
This case is not rare. If so, you can repair Windows Update components to have a try. Here is a guide:
Step 1: Stop Windows Update Service
- Click the search icon from the taskbar and search for services.
- Click Services from the search results to open Services.
- Find Windows Update and right-click it. Then, select Stop.
Step 2: Clear Windows Update Cache
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to Drive C > Windows > SoftwareDistribution.
- Open the Download folder and then delete all files and folders in it.
Step 3: Restart Windows Update Service
- Open Services again.
- Find Windows Update and right-click it. Then, select Start.
After these 3 steps, you can go to check for updates in Windows Update. If you can download and install Windows 10 21H2 successfully, this means that the issue is solved. If you still see a Windows Update error, you still need to use another method to fix the issue. You can try the next one.
In this post, we will show you what Realtek Audio Console is and how to download Realtek Audio Console on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
Solution 4: Run System File Checker
If the system files on your PC get corrupted or lost unexpectedly, Windows 10 21H2 update problems can easily happen. To rule out this possibility, you can use System File Checker (SFC), a Windows built-in tool, to repair the damaged system files or restore the missing system files
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator on your Windows 10 computer.
2. When you see the User Account Control interface, you need to click the Yes button to continue.
3. Enter the following commands one by one and press Enter after each. Then, wait patiently until the whole process ends.
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
4. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
5. Wait until the verification is 100% completed.
6. Restart your computer.
After these steps, you can go to check if you can install Windows 10 21h2 smoothly. If you still can’t update to Windows 10 21H2, you need to try the next solution.
In this post, we will show you how to download Rufus 3.19 for Windows 11 and Windows 10, and the new features in this new version.
Solution 5: Change Time and Language Settings
If you want to get a Windows 10 update successfully, the time and language settings on your computer should be correct. If the settings are wrong, you can follow this guide to correct them:
- Go to Start > Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language.
- See the right panel and make sure that your Country/Region is selected correctly.
- Make sure that you have installed an appropriate Language Pack.
- Click Location and change the Home Location to your country.
- Click OK.
Solution 6: Use Google DNS
- Press Win+R to open Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open the Network connections window.
- Right-click the network adapter you are currently using and select Properties.
- Double-click Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and you will see its Properties window.
- Select Use the following DNS server address.
- Type 188.8.131.52 for Preferred DNS server.
- Type 184.108.40.206 for Alternate DNS server.
- Check Validate settings upon exit.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Solution 7: Clean Boot Your Windows 10 Computer
If Windows 10 21H2 won’t install after you try the above solutions, you should consider that some apps on your computer conflict with Windows Updates. If you want to check if this is the case, you can clean boot your Windows 10 PC.
A clean boot will start a Windows 10 computer with a minimal set of drivers and startup software. This removes a lot of distractions. If you can install Windows 10 21H2 update under a clean boot, it usually means that a third-party app prevents your computer from installing Windows 10 21H2.
To find out the culprit, you can enable the third-party services and apps one by one and check when the issue goes back again. Then, the last service or app you have enabled is the cause. You can uninstall it to fix your Windows Update issue.
In this post, we will talk about the first preview build for Windows 10 22H2, Windows 10 Build 19045.1865. It is available in the Windows Insider Program now.
Solution 8: Manually Install Windows 10 21H2
If the above methods can’t help you update to Windows 10 21H2 via Windows Update, you can choose to manually install the update on your computer. In this part, we will show you some ways you can try.
Way 1: Use Windows 10 21H2 Update Assistant
Windows 10 Update Assistant is an official tool that can help you update your computer to the latest version of Windows 10.
- Go to the Windows 10 software download page.
- Click the Update now button under Windows 10 November 2021 Update.
- Follow the on-screen guide to update your computer to Windows 10 21H2.
Way 2: Use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade your computer to the latest version of Windows 10. You can also use it to create a Windows 10 21H2 installation USB drive. Then, you can install Windows 10 21H2 from USB. This tool is also available on the Windows 10 software download page.
After downloading the tool, you can open it and follow the on-screen instructions to directly upgrade your PC or create an installation USB drive.
Way 3: Install Windows 10 21H2 Using an ISO File
If you have a Windows 10 21H2 ISO file, you can directly install it using the ISO file.
This post tells you how to get a Windows 10 21H2 ISO file: Download and Install Windows 10 21H2 ISO File (64-bit & 32-bit).
This post tells you how to install Windows 21H2 using an ISO file: [Illustrated Guide] How to Install Windows 10 21H2 Using ISO?
In this post, we will show you how to download Windows 10/11 ISO for Mac and how to install Windows 10/11 on a Mac computer.
Recommendation: MiniTool Power Data Recovery
Some users report that their files are lost after a Windows 10 update. So, you’d better back up your data before performing a Windows update. You can use the professional Windows data backup software, MiniTool ShadowMaker, to do this job.
However, if there is no available backup after data loss, what should you do then?
You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to get your lost files back as long as they are not overwritten by new data.
Will upgrading to Windows 10 delete my files? Read this post to find answers and know how to find the lost files after upgrading to Windows 10.
This software has a trial edition. You can first try it to see if it can find the files you want to recover.
It is very easy to use this software to get back the lost and deleted files.
- Download and install this software on your computer.
- Open the software to enter its main interface.
- Select the drive you want to recover data from and click the Scan button to start scanning that drive.
- After scanning, you will see all the files that are detected by this software. You can open each path to find your needed files.
- If you want to use this software to recover all your needed files without limits, you need to use a full edition.
Windows 10 21H2 Won’t Install on Your Computer
Can’t install Windows 10 21H2 or can’t update to Windows 10 21H2 on your device? The solutions mentioned in this post can help you solve the issue. Additionally, we introduce some software to help you back up your data and rescue your lost files. Should you have any other related issues that need to be fixed, you can let us know in the comments. You can also contact us via [email protected].