This post mainly teaches you how to use a professional Microsoft Office repair tool to repair an Office application on Windows 10/11. 3 free Office repair tools with detailed guides are provided. Some other tips to help you fix the Office applications and tools to repair corrupted Office files are also included. To recover deleted or lost Office files for free, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
If one of the Microsoft Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. has problems, you can use a professional free Microsoft Office repair tool to repair the Office application on Windows 10/11. Check the detailed guides below.
Use Office Quick Repair Tool to Repair an Office Application
Microsoft Office has a Quick Repair tool that helps you repair your Office programs and features. If one of your Office applications can’t start or has other issues, you can try to use the Office Quick Repair tool to see if it can fix the problem. Check how to find and run the Microsoft Office Quick Repair tool below.
- Press Windows + R, type control panel, and press Enter to open Control Panel on Windows 10/11.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs to open the Programs and Features window.
- Find your Microsoft Office version like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office 2019/2016, etc. Click it and click Change or Modify.
- After the repair wizard starts, you can choose how you’d like to repair your Office programs. You can choose the Quick Repair option which helps you quickly fix most Office issues without the need for an internet connection.
Check how to repair Outlook (365) application and repair corrupted Microsoft Outlook data files on Windows 10/11. Some free Outlook repair tools are listed.
Try Office Online Repair Tool to Fix Office App Issues
If you don’t have an internet connection or you still have problems with your Office after a Quick Repair, you can also try the Office Online Repair feature to repair your Office programs. You should save all your work and close all Office programs before you repair the Office application.
- You can access the Office repair wizard by following the same operation above. Under how would you like to repair your Office programs, you can choose the Online Repair This option can also help fix Office issues, but it takes a little longer since it will download needed files to repair the program.
- Click the Repair button and it will start repairing Office programs automatically. It may reinstall your Office. Once the installation is finished, you can restart your computer to check if the Office applications can work properly.
Check Microsoft Office price or Microsoft 365 pricing and learn how to buy Microsoft Office/365 and how to get Microsoft Office/365 for free in this post.
Use Microsoft SaRA Tool to Troubleshoot Office Problems
Microsoft also provides a free tool named Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) which can help users solve problems with Windows system, Microsoft Office, and other Windows problems. To repair an Office application, you may also try this free Microsoft Office repair tool. Check how to download and use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant to repair Office errors below.
- Go to the Microsoft SaRA official download website in your browser.
- Click the red Download button to instantly download Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool to your computer.
- After you get the Microsoft Office repair tool downloaded to your computer, you can click the setup file to follow the instructions to install SaRA on your Windows 10/11 computer.
- Launch Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant. On the main UI, you can choose which app you are having problems with. Here you can choose Office. If you want to repair Outlook issues, you can choose Outlook.
- Then you can choose what problem you are having to continue troubleshooting the Office problem with the Microsoft SaRA tool.
Check the guide for Google Docs app download for PC/Android/iPad/iPhone. Also learn how to download documents from Google Docs on a computer or mobile.
Other Tips to Repair an Office Application
Tip 1. Force stop the Office application and restart it.
If the Office application is freezing and can’t work well, you can force stop the application and launch it again.
- You can press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut to open Task Manager on your computer.
- Here you can find and select your Microsoft Office program from the list. Click End task to force close the program.
- Then you can try to open and use the Office app again to see if it can work well.
Tip 2. Restart your computer.
You can also perform a restart of your computer to see if the Office problem can be fixed. In general, a computer restart can fix many minor problems with your device.
Tip 3. Install Office updates on your computer.
You can update your Microsoft Office to see if it helps repair the Office application. Check the Microsoft Office update guide.
Tip 4. Uninstall Office and reinstall it.
If running Office repair can’t help fix the Office issues, you can try to completely uninstall Office and reinstall it. To uninstall Microsoft Office, you can go to Control Panel to uninstall it. Alternatively, you can use the professional Microsoft Office Uninstall Tool to do the task.
After uninstalling Office, you can download and install Microsoft Office/365 on Windows 10/11 again.
This post introduces 5 free online word processors to allow you to create, edit, save, or share documents anywhere you want.
Free Office Repair Tools to Repair Corrupted Office Files
If some of your Office files like Word documents are corrupted, you can use some top free file repair tools to try to repair the corrupted Office files.
Some third-party free Office repair tools are introduced below to help you repair corrupted Office files.
DataNumen Office Repair
This free Microsoft Office repair tool includes recovery tools to repair corrupted Excel XLS/XLSX worksheets, Word Doc/Docx documents, PowerPoint PPTX presentations, Outlook PST files, and Access MDB & ACCDB databases.
iSunshare Office Repair Genius
This is a top MS Office file repair tool that helps you repair corrupted Word documents, Excel files, and PowerPoint files and keeps the file content intact. It has an easy-to-use interface and is compatible with Windows 11.
Guide for WinZip free download full version for Windows 11/10/8/7. Get WinZip file archive and compression tool to zip or unzip files with ease.
Best Free Way to Recover Deleted/Lost Office Files
Here we also introduce a clean and free data recovery program to help you recover deleted or lost files like Office files.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery application for Windows. It helps you recover data from various storage devices.
You can use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover deleted/lost Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint files, photos, videos, music files, or any other files from a Windows computer, USB flash drive, SD/memory card, external hard drive, SSD, etc.
This program helps you recover data from various data loss situations, e.g. mistaken file deletion, hard drive corruption, malware/virus infection, or any other computer problems. It can even help you recover data when the PC won’t boot thanks to its built-in Bootable Media Builder tool.
Below is a simple guide on how to use MiniTool Power Data Recovery to recover deleted/lost Office files from your PC.
- Launch MiniTool Power Data Recovery after you download and install it on your PC or laptop.
- Next, choose the location to scan. You can choose the target drive under Logical Drives and click Scan. If you want to scan the whole disk or device, you can click the Devices tab, choose the whole disk or device, and click Scan.
- When the scan process is completed, you can check the scan result to find if your wanted files are listed, if so, check them and click the Save Choose a new place to store the recovered files to avoid data overwriting.
Tip: To choose a specific type of file to scan, you can click the Scan Settings icon on the left panel on the main interface of the software.
Always Have a Backup of Important Files
To prevent unexpected data loss, the best way is to always make a backup of important files.
You can copy and paste files to a USB flash drive or external hard drive. You can also sync files to a free cloud storage service like OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.
If you have many files wanting to back up and the files are large, you may choose a professional file backup tool to help you back up files at a fast speed.
MiniTool ShadowMaker is a professional PC backup program that can back up Windows system and data.
It helps you easily backup and restore Windows OS.
It also lets you freely select files and folders and back up them to a USB flash drive or external hard drive at a fast speed. You can also select the whole partition or several partitions to back up all content. You can even select the whole disk content to back up.
Compared with manually copying and pasting files to USB/HDD, MiniTool ShadowMaker delivers a faster backup speed and backs up files much easier.
MiniTool ShadowMaker also supports File Sync, Automatic Backup, and Incremental Backup. You can test these features by downloading and installing this free PC backup program on your computer.
This post teaches you how to use professional Microsoft Office repair tools to repair an Office application that can’t start or has other problems. Some other tips are also included to help you troubleshoot an Office app. Free tools to help you repair corrupted Office files and recover deleted/lost Office files are also introduced.
If you have other computer problems, you may find solutions from MiniTool News Center. MiniTool offers many tutorials to help you solve various problems with computers, phones, game consoles, and many other gadgets.
To find more information about MiniTool Software and more products, you can visit its official website. You can find and try free tools like MiniTool Partition Wizard, MiniTool MovieMaker, MiniTool Video Converter, MiniTool uTube Downloader, MiniTool Video Repair, and more.
If you have problems with using any of MiniTool Software products, you can contact [email protected].